Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, April 20, 2024

Forum Search

Keyword

Intermountain dragging feet

More
10 years 1 week ago #17112 by tealplanes
Intermountain dragging feet was created by tealplanes
You recall in a galaxy, far, far away, and a long time ago I seem to recall IM announcing a new body style in Z scale.

I took orders from many and recently I decided to call IM and ask the all important question........."WHEN"

Just this evening there was chat regarding this topic and one customer of mine did inquire from me personally as to 'when?'

Here's what I was told on the phone about 2-3 months ago............"We are postponing the new car due to lack of interest and soft preorders"

So, we may never see the new body style from IM for all I know. I hope it changes, but I'm not going to be holding my breath.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale, Mr.JA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #17113 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re: Intermountain dragging feet
I would say this is IM's own fault... "lack of interest and soft preorders"... maybe because there was such a delay with IM's first Z-scale releases. Folks don't want to be on the hook for "vaporware". There is a market for new body-styles. There is a bigger market for IM to seriously enter the Z-scale world. But, folks just are not willing to foot the pre-order bill for it. Tying up cash in deposits for a year+ just doesn't work.

There is a lot from IM I would like to see produced in Z-scale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

More
10 years 1 week ago #17114 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Intermountain dragging feet
There is a lot I'd like to see produced by anyone. We beggars can not be choosers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

More
10 years 1 week ago #17115 by Catt
Replied by Catt on topic Re: Intermountain dragging feet
I just left a message on IM's Facebook page and asked they why if they are not interested in producing Z scale why did they even bother to start.It probably won't do any good but at least they know how one customer feels about the situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, southernnscale, Mr.JA

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds