Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 25, 2024

Forum Search

Keyword

New Tools for Z Scale Modelers from NZT Products

More
12 years 10 months ago #11035 by David K. Smith
New Tools for Z Scale Modelers from NZT Products was created by David K. Smith
NZT Products, LLC is proud to introduce the first products in a series of tools for Z Scale modelers.

First up is the CT-001, an N/Z/T Scale English scale ruler designed for modelers who work in multiple scales. It features foot scales for 1:160, 1:220 and 1:450 all on one 6-inch long stainless steel tool.

Next is the CT-002, an English/Metric 1:220 scale ruler that features foot and meter scales on one 6-inch long stainless steel tool.

The CT-004 is a Z Scale clearance gauge set featuring three stainless steel tools, each designed for a different era as defined by the NMRA (pre-1920, 1920-1969, and post-1969), with strict adherence to NMRA spec S-7.

You can find more detail on all of these products, along with their release dates and dealers, at the NZT company website .

Finally, on the drawing board is the CT-005, a track and wheel multi-gauge. Z Scale imposes a lot of challenges when it comes to this kind of tool because some NMRA specs have not yet been established, while others are somewhat contradictory or ambiguous. Also, because of Z Scale's small size, a tool designed to mimic the traditional NMRA all-in-one gauge is impractical; this is why I'm making separate clearance and track/wheel gauges.

I believe Z Scalers have a real need for a comprehensive track and wheel gauge, so I'm developing one to best serve our needs. You can be a part of its development; please feel free to comment on it in this thread, or on the NZT company blog . Visit the blog for a highly detailed description of its development, as well as all of the specs used for the gauge.

Lots more is on the way, so expect to see plenty of announcements in the future.

Best regards,
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #11036 by Mr.JA
Welcome back to Z Central Station, David! :woohoo: I wish your new venture much success! ;)

These are much needed in our "little" Z world. Thank you and I look forward in supporting your efforts.

P.S. Is your fur-buddy watching you work or did you get some tuna-salad stuck on your head? :P

More
12 years 10 months ago #11038 by tealplanes
Alex,

That is David's version of Davy Crocket's coon skin cap. I tried it too, but I couldn't get Karin's cat to sit still......:o)

More
12 years 10 months ago #11039 by N/A
David,

Outstanding! VERY much needed in Z, especially the gauges. I'll be buying all tomorrow (pay day). Welcome to the the manufacturing side of the house.

All the best!

John Bartolotto

More
12 years 10 months ago #11058 by Socalz44
David, Excellent products. It is great you made the guages for the appropriate eras. Thanks, Jim :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #11130 by Rowan
Good stuff.

:)

More
12 years 9 months ago #11169 by David K. Smith
Replied by David K. Smith on topic Re: New Tools for Z Scale Modelers from NZT Products
For anyone who has been anxiously awaiting the arrival of these new tools, I've just received confirmation from the fabricator that they've shipped. After a day or so for me to package them up, they will be in the hands of my dealers.

It's been a long wait, and the irony is that these were supposed to be my introductory products for my big splash at Sacramento. Instead, some other neat goodies made it out there to take their place, so at least I had something to show for out there (even if the NMRA didn't like it).

More
12 years 9 months ago #11173 by Fred
David, I hope the Dust Up with NMRA will not truncate your efforts in making G&D in Z. I'm sure you have brought attention to that great HO- John Allen - layout to a lot of new modelers. Seeing it in Z will be impressive.
Fred

More
12 years 9 months ago #11184 by David K. Smith
Replied by David K. Smith on topic Re: New Tools for Z Scale Modelers from NZT Products
Fred wrote:

David, I hope the Dust Up with NMRA will not truncate your efforts in making G&D in Z. I'm sure you have brought attention to that great HO- John Allen - layout to a lot of new modelers. Seeing it in Z will be impressive.
Fred

Not at all. It's full steam ahead.

As for the tools, here they be!

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 9 months ago #11186 by Alaska Railroader
Replied by Alaska Railroader on topic Re: New Tools for Z Scale Modelers from NZT Products
Cannot wait to get these in hand, thanks David!

More
12 years 9 months ago #11189 by Fred
Just saw there is a new hard cover book on John Allen's layout in Model Rail Road News
www.modelrailroadnews.com/magazine/current-issue.html
It is supposed to have additional pics and info.
Fred

More
12 years 9 months ago #11194 by Mr.JA

As for the tools, here they be!

MOST EXCELLANT, Mr. Smith! :woohoo: You've got to feel a bit of pride seeing your logo on that piece of metal. ;)

More
12 years 9 months ago #11196 by tealplanes
Alex,

I don't care if it is Z scale,......it's still going to hurt when Karin whacks me across the knuckles with that ruler.

More
12 years 9 months ago #11197 by GNFan
tealplanes wrote:

Alex,

I don't care if it is Z scale,......it's still going to hurt when Karin whacks me across the knuckles with that ruler.

Ah, Loren, but it hurts 220-times less, doesn't it?

More
12 years 9 months ago #11199 by tealplanes
Not the way she swings it!!!

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds