Full Throttle Offers Reading Hoppers

More
15 years 3 months ago #2174 by ztrack
Full Throttle Offers Reading Hoppers was created by ztrack
FEBRUARY, 2009
New Offset-Side Twin Bay from Full Throttle
33' two-bay offset-side hopper car
WDW #3012 READING

(photo courtesy of Zscale Monster Trains)

Dear Z Friends, this month, February, '09, Full Throttle features the READING!

Here's the February, 2009 offering from Full Throttle. It's a 33' two-bay offset-side hopper car marked for the Reading Railroad. The models were manufactured with great details by Bowser Mfg., painted black to a slight sheen inside and out, and equipped with custom Hay Bros. Garage coal loads. They sport Bettendorf trucks with knuckle couplers, feature white printing, immaculate, tiny and clean, in several sized fonts including the large READING "SPEED" lettering, and the striking red rectangle and "black diamond" logo. These Full Throttle hopper cars will be packaged as 4-pks. with four different reporting numbers. Many Z Scale Hobbyists didn't score on the former READING rib-side 33' hopper edition and have been waiting for another FT READING hopper release! Herein find the blurb for this swell READING RAILROAD (SPEED) Z Scale offering!

Set #1 reporting numbers: 86002 and 86032
Set #2 reporting numbers: 86024 and 86033

The Reading Company, usually called the Reading Railroad, and officially known as the Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway until 1924, operated in southeast Pennsylvania and neighboring states. Until the decline in anthracite loadings from the PA Coal Region after World War II, it was one of the most prosperous corporations in the United States. However, the reduced coal traffic, coupled with highway competition and short hauls, forced it into bankruptcy in the 1970s. The Reading Company's railroad was merged into Conrail in 1976, but the corporation lasted into 2000 disposing of real estate holdings.

The READING is one of my favorite RRs, since I used to live very near to that Pennsylvania city, and it is well modeled in that area. This is a limited-sized run, and I expect it to be in demand. All FT cars are weighted and wear knuckle couplers. The realistic custom coal loads are made by Hay Bros. Garage! This February, '09 FT Hopper Release is really well-detailed and should be very popular with all Z Scalers...great to run or collect. Again, thanks so much for all the Zeeriffic support you have given Full Throttle and my very best to you and your enterprises!

William Dean Wright "Full Throttle"

128 Burma Island Road
Leesburg, FL 34788
1-352-589-0303

Full Throttle products are available through authorized FT dealers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds