Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, May 17, 2024

48' Intermodal containers

More
15 years 2 months ago #2926 by Catt
48' Intermodal containers was created by Catt
Hi,
Question for you concerning containers,specifically 48' containers.
Does anybody bedsides Make My Model make them.I have two MTL CSX well cars with 48' wells and 40' containers which seems rather strange to me.Since I am planning to get the runner pack when it comes out I will have 6 CSX 48' well cars to put the proper sized containers in.

While I am asking questions does any one know of the availibility of proper container decals?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2927 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re:48' Intermodal containers
Jonathan, I made a 48' container by splicing the ends of a 20' containers to a 40' container. I use the marking on the Gunderson as a guide. Then I used a JB Hunt decal from Nansen Street models. I bought ten of them, but I have no idea where I place it.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2929 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re:48' Intermodal containers
I came across this company yesterday. I am not sure who they are or the details on their decals. But they are advertising them for Z scale. I have an inquiry out to them to learn more. I have not head back as of yet. But I like the concept. I am not sure if these decals are for 40s, 45s or 48s, but I suspect 40s. They will take special requests.

www.z-cals.com/

Rob

More
15 years 2 months ago #2955 by HoboTim
Replied by HoboTim on topic Re:48' Intermodal containers
According to the newest AZL update, it looks like they will be selling 48' and 53' containers soon!!!

Or,

If you are desperate for many of them now, take some .040" Evergreen flat or corrugated styrene and scratch build a Master 48' container. I did this way back in late 2004/early 2005. I made a RTV mold and made cast resin copies. Works for multiples!!!

Hobo Tim :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds