Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, April 29, 2024

AZL Funnel Flow Tank Cars Coming in November

More
14 years 6 months ago #6385 by ztrack
AZL has just made the following announcement. The Funnel Flow Tank Cars are coming next month - Rob

We are getting close to November delivery of of first Funnel Flow Tank Car. We chose CLEX as our first roadname. Available in 4-packs and single units. MSRP $113 (4-packs), $32 (singles)

Sincerely,

Hans Riddervold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6391 by David K. Smith
Replied by David K. Smith on topic Re:AZL Funnel Flow Tank Cars Coming in November
That's a mighty fine-looking piece of rolling stock, there. Shame it's too modern for my modeling era. I may have to get one anyway just to put on the shelf.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6503 by ztrack
The tank cars are here! Folks, these are simply incredible. I am just plain amazed. The detailing is fabulous. The first round of orders is going out to direct customers and dealers tomorrow.

Rob

More
14 years 5 months ago #6510 by dominique
Replied by dominique on topic Re:AZL Funnel Flow Tank Cars Coming in November
Mmhh....B) I think it will be difficult not to give in..... Have you an idea of forthcoming paintschemes and companies to be replicated?

Dom

More
14 years 5 months ago #6515 by ztrack
Dom,

AZL is planning additional road names for the funnel flows. We will be seeing new version over the next number of months.

Rob

More
14 years 5 months ago #6516 by ztrack
Today I had a chance to photograph the car. They are simply fantastic!

And incase anyone is wondering what is on the warning placard:

Rob

More
14 years 5 months ago #6517 by HoboTim
Wow!! I can hardly wait to get some of these in my hands!!!! Totally Wicked!!!

Hobo Tim :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #6628 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re:AZL Funnel Flow Tank Cars Coming in November
I posted some pix here of my single test car with the TrainCat 0000701 Tank Car Loading Platform. Under Z Scale - AZL -

You can also see the discusion thread on TrainBoard: www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?p=638153&posted=1#post638153

The kit height is perfect, if you have concrete or pavement at track rail level. The spacing however is wrong. When Bob asked me a year ago, I said 1" CTC. The kit instructions say 1.337" (*** All Dimensions 1.0 Z Scale). Well, I laid my track long ago based on the 1" and now I build the kit to go with the tank car and . . . you guessed: needs to be 1.375" spacing! Off I go to the laser to make new shorter decks.

I need to add 2 more in a row and also between the tracks in front. Then, the walkways above/across them.

Jeff
SF Bay Area Z

More
14 years 5 months ago #6643 by zmon
Boy is this a nice new car!!!! I just got one in the mail today from Loren, and i am here to tell the rest of you that these new tankers are beautiful. The details are great, and the delicate bits on the sides are a true stand out.

Nice cars AZL!!!! Nice car....

Tony B...
Wasatch Z ClubB)

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds