Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, April 29, 2024

marklins new torpedo cars!!

More
14 years 4 months ago #6858 by liltoot
marklins new torpedo cars!! was created by liltoot
after waiting 9 months:S , i finally received my torpedo cars from reynaulds. they re solid metal,,and built very well. took them for their test run around a 195 curve,, no problems at all. they re quite heavy tho, i pulled 8 before a bit of slippage occured with a 462 steamer,, but it looked very cool having a huge line running down the track. my foundry phase will love these guys,,im just hoping the ingot cars are next!!! canada mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #6859 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re:marklins new torpedo cars!!
Mike, I received mine about two weeks ago. I have one of the original silver ones. This blue and silver one is a great addition to the line. I am now eagerly waiting the ingot mold cars.

Rob

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #6868 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Re:marklins new torpedo cars!!
Rob,

I have one of these cars and don't run it. If you need another car,maybe we can swap something Swiss for it ???

Robert

More
14 years 4 months ago #6917 by liltoot
Replied by liltoot on topic Re:marklins new torpedo cars!!
hmmm,, something swiss huh,, id have to look,need any fancy rare tram dummys?? anything you need? i ll definately take it,, so far i have 32!! i d like to do a run of 40,, maybe one day.
i tell ya,, those ingot cars better get here soon, chet told me that they might be out before xmas,, but thats not far away now. i actuallt just need the ingot,, i d like to know the exact size ingot to use,, i ve got rolls of every metal, but i ve practiced making a good looking ingot, without success. their either to small or look way to big, i need just one ingot, to see if thats what i want or not,,they look good in the picture, but was that just used from the ho car they designed?? argghh.

More
14 years 4 months ago #7059 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:marklins new torpedo cars!!
Mike, what are these fancy trams you're talking about? Sounds really interesting.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #7094 by liltoot
Replied by liltoot on topic Re:marklins new torpedo cars!!
P GOT A BUNCH OF TRAMS I COULDN T RECOGNIZE. they were marklin, but not in any collection books. i found that they were a set, you got 1 shell, one dummy. they re a gorgeous green with a orange strip, reads R A G in the orange stripe,, very nice,, and i ve found out very rare! i have a case i bought from an old swedish guy, the shell n dummy went in germany for 112 euros,,i was shocked. i tried one on ebay ,ca,, 59 just for the dummy, no shell. i have mostly dummys, only 3 shells,,dont ask me why or how, they were sold as a pair, i got no idea why this old guy got dummys by themselves. im saving most for my city, but i could trade a few for a torpedo car, or 2. email me on my home addy if interested,,ok. canada mike

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds