Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, April 29, 2024

Marklin 2010 New Items

More
14 years 3 months ago #7469 by ztrack
Marklin 2010 New Items was created by ztrack
Today, the first images of the full Marklin 2010 new items catalog has appeared on the web. There is a nice selection of new Z items with some surprise returns. For those operating US layouts, again, there are no new items. The range is heavily German and Swiss this year. The English version of the catalog can be found at:

catalog.lokshop.de/MAR/2010.NShow/img_en/index.html

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #7470 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
Z starts on page 11 of the over-view... :dry: ... or, more specifically...

catalog.lokshop.de/MAR/2010.NShow/img_en/image_165.html

More
14 years 3 months ago #7473 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
Some nice things, the Swiss freight. I do like complete trains. I have a special envelope set aside to save money for Ludmilla :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #7475 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
I have really been looking forward to the Ludmilla since it was announced last year. I also really like the Swiss set. The railbus with boxcars also intrigues me.

Rob

More
14 years 3 months ago #7481 by liltoot
Replied by liltoot on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
i m not preordering a thing,,,til i get my ingot cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

More
14 years 3 months ago #7482 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
Thanks for posting that link Alex. Some interesting items there. Definitely the VT08.5 and the Ludmilla set for me, and maybe the Swiss freight and commuter sets. Definitely NOT the railbus set!

More
14 years 3 months ago #7483 by Havoc
Replied by Havoc on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
Not much interesting stuff. I would prefer to get my wagons I ordered februari 2009 that aren't delivered yet.

More
14 years 3 months ago #7607 by liltoot
Replied by liltoot on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
i agree,,, what happened to all the stuff they promised in 2009??? only 7 items out of 22 were ever released!! i know they ve been having problems,, but they put out 92 percent of the HO items,, what happened to us? i put in a preorder for the torpedo wagons,, the ingot cars, and 2 locos,,,the only thing released was the torpedo cars,, im not happy. i hope they atleast bring out the ingot cars,, im trying to build a huge foundry layout here!! mike

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #7608 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
Here is a message I posted in 2008....
"Friends, something jogged my memory and went back to the Archi

ves. Here is a posting I wrote one year ago: 2008,02,04

When Marklin sold the company to a Euro conglomerate a while ago I predicted that that was the beginning of the end for Marklin Z. Last week this prediction is a step closer with the Marklin company deciding to use Walthers as their sole US distributor. Marklin Z is just a tiny part of the company. There is no new 2008 US Z issue this year. So you US Euro modelers better buy it now. I doubt Marklin will be very active Z in two years. This of course goes for their US Z line as well. I hope I'm way wrong on this but I don't see it any other way. Many of us have Marklin steamers as the price for a loco from US sources can be well over $1500. If you are on a budget and into steam, buy now. There's plenty of locos for sale now. Later??? I really feel bad for our European friends who for the most part model Euro railroads. What do you think about Marklin's policies these days? Cheers, Jim CCRR

Nothing makes me sadder than realizing how close I was to this day back then. Cheers, Jim CCRR:("

Well, I won't change a thing here in 2010. On Marklin's road to recovery we Z scalers must realize that we are not a big part of Marklin's profits. We will have to wait our turn (maybe years) watching HO get all the goodies. If and when Marklin feels there is money in Z they will take a small chance. Until then expect reprints of pre-existing locos and rolling stock. Jim CCRR:(

More
14 years 3 months ago #7613 by dominique
Replied by dominique on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
Socalz44 wrote:

I really feel bad for our European friends who for the most part model Euro railroads. What do you think about Marklin's policies these days? Cheers, Jim CCRR

Nothing makes me sadder than realizing how close I was to this day back then. Cheers, Jim CCRR:("

Well, I won't change a thing here in 2010. On Marklin's road to recovery we Z scalers must realize that we are not a big part of Marklin's profits. We will have to wait our turn (maybe years) watching HO get all the goodies.

Yes, it should be a pity if Marklin Z was desappearing.. They are those who launched Z scale, after all. But as you ask what we think about Marklin's policy I must admit that since I've been a Z scaler Marklin always seemed to have an odd behaviour compared to other manufacturers. When companies such as Micro-Trains, AZL, FR Models and many other seem very pro-active to expand their shares of the market, taking part into the forums to have a smell of what the market needs, I've always been puzzled with Marklin's complete absence within all Z scale forums.

Furthermore they always seem to favour collectors versus operators. And, I mean, only a part of the collectors, those who are not too much "prototype minded". Because I've never seen a pig running on a locomotive chassis (as far as I know they only travel via railroads on board of stockcars) nor a Be6/8 Krokodil wearing New York Central paintscheme....

But after the take-over, maybe they will shaken up when they consider all Z scale growth since the last 10 years.:dry: That's all that we may hope.

And that's true, for the moment I'm really worried for a few fellow european prototype modellers of my knowledge (and for all the other, indeed). I'm just hoping they won't have to give up...

Dom

More
14 years 3 months ago #7619 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re:Marklin 2010 New Items
Jim, Dom, please see the report in the current issue of Ztrack on the Marklin Insolvency. Mr. Pluta who is handling the proceeding to find a new buyer and is affectively running Marklin, has made very hopefully comments both about the future of Z and the brand here in the US. I think the one line sums of well what is going on. It is that Marklin is having to reinvent itself. They are going back to focus on their core market, before they can expand.

Though the 2010 new items contained no US, the line has broadened to include the Swiss market again. I also see a range of new products for the different eras and interests. I definitely see this year as a stronger selection of new items than over the past two years.

Of course, I am the eternal optimist. :)

Rob

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds