Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, April 29, 2024

car weigh s???

More
14 years 3 months ago #7517 by liltoot
car weigh s??? was created by liltoot
i ve been scratchbuilding alot of cars, even before i got started on my empire. some are too light, some feel too heavy. is there a weigh standard for z cars? gotta great scale, and my buddy does tile roofs, keeps all the lead leftovers for me. so i ve got about 700 lbs worth to play with, i make lead weights for fishing, some up to 12 lbs for my downriggers,,,some i make bullets for my many guns.

where does one go to find any car weights? has anyone ever figured this out?? walthers must have a special weight to keep most of their car at, right? canada mike:S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #7521 by saundebn
Replied by saundebn on topic Re:car weigh s???
Hmmm, does taking prototypical weight for similar cars and scaling by 1/220 work? Probably not given the physical characteristics of model trucks don't really "scale" properly to prototypical trucks, right?

Alternatively, I suppose you could take commercially available Z-scale cars of similar size and type to what you are building scratch and try to match their weights.

More
14 years 3 months ago #7525 by Havoc
Replied by Havoc on topic Re:car weigh s???
According to NEM302 you need 0.12g/mm lenght over the buffers as a minimum. The maximum is 30% more.

More
14 years 3 months ago #7605 by liltoot
Replied by liltoot on topic Re:car weigh s???
thx guys,, been sick all week to answer. canada mike

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds