Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, May 18, 2024

Conflict with Zone Alarm Security Suite.

More
15 years 6 months ago #140 by Dampflok
I don't think this is a forum problem but the only way I can get into the it is to shut down all my Zone Alarm suite. Fortunately this is not too much of a problem as I have other ways of protecting the computer but I was wondering if other Zone Alarm users have had this problem.

Best wishes,
Chris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #142 by meandmymac
Replied by meandmymac on topic Re:Conflict with Zone Alarm Security Suite.
Hi Chris

You may find help here

Here

or maybe

Here

But it's probably something simple like adding this site to your whitelist of sites that ZoneAlarm will allow access to. Maybe it has put it in a blocked list?

Hth

Tom

More
15 years 6 months ago #148 by Dampflok
Replied by Dampflok on topic Re:Conflict with Zone Alarm Security Suite.
Thanks Tom. I will have a look at those two links.

Strangely, having removed Zone Alarm zlclient.exe from my boot-up list, I still had the same problem. On checking I see that vsmon.exe is still running though I cannot see why that would affect the log in. So I did a search on Google for ZCS and clicked on the link and, lo and behold, here I am! Exactly the same address as my short cut so I am stymied. Weird.

Best wishes,
Chris.

More
15 years 6 months ago #188 by Dampflok
I give up. I just posted a long response to a message when I was logged in only to be be reverted to being a guest, and losing it, when I sent it. Going to login told me I am already logged it. The conflict is not with Zone Alarm as I have ditched it and I really don't have time or the energy to find out what is going on. Maybe once I have got the Elgin show behind me I will have another go. I will just visit the forum as a guest.

So bye for now.

All the best,
Chris.

More
15 years 6 months ago #189 by Dampflok
And then this time it posed fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
15 years 5 months ago #1026 by Dampflok
Hi Tom.

Pleased to be able to inform you that the error messages at the top of each screen disappeared the other day. The forum seems a lot more stable now as well.

The only problem that continues to niggle me is when I post a long resonse and hit the 'Submit' button and then I see that I have been downgraded to 'Guest' status even though I am still identified as 'Dampflok' in the log-in area top left. If I remember, I cut and paste the text and, when this problem occurs, start over and paste it again. That usually works.

1373 members? How many of them are active. The number of posts is pretty low compared with some other forums with comparable or even smaller memberships.

Anyway, thanks for a great forum and a very Happy Christmas to all your members.

All the best,
Chris.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #1031 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Conflict with Zone Alarm Security Suite.
Chris, As with most websites ZCS is not immuned to the 7% rule. Even that may be a bit high. People join for any number of reasons. Unfortunately, most never post and most never come back after they have joined. Some folks move on to other things and even forget they are members. Some folks are drop ins and never have any intention of 'communicating'. If I had to guess I think we have about 50 active members posting once a month. Not many out of 1375. Sometimes the old timers just drop out or become bored. Who knows? There are other sites for Z. But I believe only about 3% of their membership is active. The best example would be Trainboard. It hosts all scales and boasts over 10000 members, but is is the same 90, day in, day out that are active. So, like I've said before, any of these sites are what the membership is willing to make it. The more members we have 'active' the better for all. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
15 years 5 months ago #1032 by Dampflok
Thank you for that Jim. Never heard of Trainboard but I will skip it anyway. I am in too many fora as it is. Personally, I guess I come and go. More go than come while I was having problems accessing this board.

Talking about percentages, well, it's not only in Z scale. Recently my wife and her colleague passed out some 2000 leaflets to every parent in our area offering no-strings-attached cash assistance to parents to lift them out of the poverty trap. They got just 1 response! (0.05%)

Best wishes,
Chris.

More
15 years 5 months ago #1034 by Havoc

The only problem that continues to niggle me is when I post a long resonse and hit the 'Submit' button and then I see that I have been downgraded to 'Guest' status even though I am still identified as 'Dampflok' in the log-in area top left.

Have you checked that you are reported as "logged in" in both locations: top left and the forum frame when you first come to the forum?

When I come to the forum (I go with a favorite directly to the forums) I'm logged in according to the info at the left top. But the frame containing the forum itself says "Welcome Guest". After hitting the refresh button both show me as logged in. The first posts I made I also had that I was logged in a guest and couldn't post. But since I noticed that I always refresh before I continue to browse the forum and I haven't had it since.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #1042 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re:Conflict with Zone Alarm Security Suite.
I doubt it is Zone Alarm as 1) it happens to me once in a while, 2) happens on 3 computers from 3 entirely different networks/firewalls, etc. (none of them Zone Alarm).

It must something to do with direct linking into a sub page (like forums) rather than the home page ? As mine too shows (or did show me logged in) but has on 2 occasions not posted a reply or new post. I am wondering if it is a time out as some of the replys are long, I was distracted or I had to look up something in while entering it.

Even on Yeahooo, I have gotten in the habit of copying the existing text, just in case (including this one).

[Edit: this one posted ok]

Jeff

More
15 years 4 months ago #1485 by Dampflok
For some reason I missed the last two posts. Thanks guys.

About 3 weeks ago my whole system went ape and I found that nearly all my settings had disappeared. I think it was due to a corrupt Registry. System Restore seemed to only have one restore date and failed to work. So, I had to knuckle down to reinstalling some programs, re-registering others and some just carried on as before. I still have a lot of work to do to get back to where I was.

However, there was a positive side to this. Some apps started running faster and better and crashed lass and, specifically, the logging in and retaining log-in here seems to have sorted itself out along with the loss of those two error texts that headed every page.

I am left with one problem (that I know of). I have individual topics listed latest first. However, there are times when I click on page 2 (early stuff) first and once I have done that there is absolutely no way I can see the later stuff. Clicking on Prev, Start and 1 all end me up at the oldest stuff. I am wondering if it is because I like latest first but haven't checked yet. Has anyone else had this problem?

Best wishes,
Chris.

More
15 years 4 months ago #1486 by bambuko
Replied by bambuko on topic Re:Conflict with Zone Alarm Security Suite.
yeah, all of us who prefer last first have the same problem - it only applies to threads with more than one page
I kind of given up on this one :)

More
15 years 4 months ago #1499 by Dampflok
Aye, checked it earlier and you are right.

Chris.

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds