Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio

More
10 years 6 months ago #16367 by rvn2001
Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio was created by rvn2001
Hi Everybody !!

As most of you know Ellen Shelton, John Mui, Dick Taylor of Rail Dreams Inc. and I displayed modules at the 2013 NTS in Atlanta, Georgia. We had a great time, as usual, but wish there were more of you there.
Somehow, the folks from the NMRA handed me the application for space at the NTS next year in Cleveland, Ohio (I guess they thought I was running things ;) ). So....I guess I get to try to organize a group of people to display at next year's NTS. Most of you should have vacation time available since the NZSC in KC has been cancelled.

I would like to start organizing a group now so that I can turn in the paperwork as early as possible. I would like to make this a big event if possible. I would like to include any and all module standards and want to have some BYOZ tables available too. It would be nice if we could put several layout standards on display. So...if you've got Z-Bend Track, Zmod, Ttrack-Z, T-rail-Z, or any other standard that I might have forgotten modules I'd like to include everyone. I'd also like to include small, portable layouts. I've already got commitments from several people and would like to get everyone together.

Please let me know what you have: module standard, size and shape, and I'll work up a plan to include as much as possible from as many people as possible. Also let me know the size of any portable layout you'd want to bring so I can try to accommodate it.

Please send your information to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I'm looking forward to making this a big event.
Thom Welsch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #16377 by Bill_O
Replied by Bill_O on topic Re: Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
Thom

Is the date for Convention July 13 - 19, 2014 correct??

If so I will bring a portable layout 27" x 48". Am also in the drawing stages of building Z-Bend Track layout 24" x 60", trying to get the length shorter. :unsure: Will let you know in March if it will be usable.

See if I can get my brother to come? another portable layout. 36" x 60" being built as I type this. We both live full-time in RV's - I know where I'll be but him...... :woohoo:

BILL

More
10 years 6 months ago #16381 by rvn2001
Replied by rvn2001 on topic Re: Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Bill. The dates for the train show are July 18, 19 & 20, 2014 that would be Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Thom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill_O

More
10 years 6 months ago #16387 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Re: Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
While the show is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, if past shows are anything to go by you can larger layouts and groups can get their stuff onto the floor in their trailer, truck or car and unload on the floor to your site location on Wednesday afternoon, between noon at 6 pm set up starts on Thursday morning and goes into early evening, the show opens Friday at 9 am to conventioneers and to public at noon. Tear down starts Sunday at 5 pm. After 6 pm when you are packed up and ready to load you can get your vehicle in to load on the floor and leave. If you need power you have to arrange for that in advance

regards Garth

cheerz Garth

More
10 years 5 months ago #16447 by rvn2001
I have mailed off the application for space. I asked for 25 feet by 25 feet. I also suggested that all of the Z scale groups be located near each other if not together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill_O

More
10 years 5 months ago #16449 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re: Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
That's fine, but how. Have you ask the show coordinator to try to keep the z scale near each other.

More
10 years 5 months ago #16450 by rvn2001
Yup John,

I wrote a small note and added it to the application requesting that he try to put all of us Z-scale layouts near each other if not, somehow, connected. It never hurts to ask...

More
10 years 2 months ago #16859 by rvn2001
Hi Everybody,

It's been a while so I though I'd give you all an update. I received the Layout Registration Packet a little while ago. I need to have names and module dimensions so I can get the application filled out and returned as soon as possible to give us the best chance of getting in the show. I have the names and other info from some people, they know who they are, but I'd love to hear from even more people. I've asked for a 25' x 25' area so we should have enough room for more than we've already got. Please let me know if there's any way you can add to the layout with modules or even help with set-up, tear-down or running trains.

Thom Welsch
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
10 years 1 month ago #16962 by rvn2001
Hi Again Everybody,

I filled out the application with layout dimensions, electrical drops and the list of participants for the 2014 NTS in Cleveland and put it in the mail. I've asked for a final area of 25' x 22' with 6 chairs and 8 tables. There's still room for adjustments if anyone else is interested in joining us.

Thom Welsch
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
10 years 1 month ago #16963 by Bill_O
Replied by Bill_O on topic Re: Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Thom

More
9 years 11 months ago #17195 by rvn2001
I am happy to report that the MidweZt HaulerZ have had their space at the NTS in Cleveland, Ohio confirmed. We will have an area 25 ft. X 22 ft.. We'll be near the back of the hall in area 868. There will be 7 of us in this area with 2 modular ZBT layouts, several portable layouts, our humidor layouts and room for some B.Y.O.Z. layouts. I will also be taking my T-rail-Z modules and will have them set up if space permits.

I'm looking forward to running trains with friends in this area and look forward to meeting old and new friends who stop by to run trains or just look around and say "Hi".

See you there,
Thom Welsch
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale, stonysmith, Bill_O

More
9 years 9 months ago #17345 by rvn2001
Replied by rvn2001 on topic Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
Hi Again Everybody!!!

The NTS in Cleveland, Ohio is just 2 weeks away. Ellen and I have been working on new modules to make their debut at this show. Thomas will have his layout there, Aaron Seeley will have a layout there, I'll be bringing the T-rail-Z modules, Ellen and I will bring some of our boxed layouts and Mike will be there to keep us all in order. Here's a glimpse of my new river module.

To see the rest of this module and all the other great Z scale stuff, come join us at the NTS July 18-20, 2014 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Attachments:

More
9 years 9 months ago #17347 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
Thom,

I am looking forward to see everyone and your new river module. I can't wait!

I am going to be in the AZL booth. It is booth 112. AZL is promising to announce new body styles of rolling stock and possibly a locomotive. Plus we have LOTS of new items to show off. These will be items that will be released over the coming months.

If anyone needs anything from the Ztrack stores, let me know. I can drop off at the NTS to save on the shipping.

Additionally, if anyone is driving through Columbus on their way home on Monday, I will have the Ztrack offices open for visitors. Just let me know!

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: goobnav

More
9 years 9 months ago #17349 by rvn2001
Rob,

It will be good to see you again. As always you and anyone else coming to the show are welcome to bring something to run on our modules. Maybe some of the new stuff will be brought to our end of the hall to travel on the MidweZt HaulerZ modules.

Thom

More
9 years 9 months ago #17350 by Guba
Replied by Guba on topic Help With 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
I still plan on attending! ;) Which reminds me, I need to put this address into my GPS. I'm not sure if I've been to this building or not...

Rob, your making things too easy! I'll be sure to check out the web sites for new and used items. I'll most likely be sending you my want list.

Joe

More
9 years 9 months ago #17390 by rvn2001
I'm getting ready to head to Cleveland for the NTS. We'll be there Thursday to set up. Come on by, introduce yourself and say "Hi". There will be 3 different Z scale groups there with modular and stand-alone layouts as well as a lot of the Z scale manufacturers. It should be a good time for one and all so come on by!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GNFan

More
9 years 8 months ago #17402 by Guba
Well I'm back from the convention. And I didn't leave empty handed either! :laugh: It was nice meeting some of you from the forum too! I came away with some more buildings and scenery details. I also have a much better understanding of modules. I couldn't believe how big some of those were! :ohmy: If only some of the Z scale modules were that big... :blink:

I really thought there would be more Z scale manufacturers there. Some that I was looking for never showed. As it turns out, I purchased my items from manufacturers I never heard of. Maybe I'm not doing enough searching on the internet... :laugh: :laugh: All in all, I thought it was a very good show though. I guess I just have to start on a module now. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pig Gap

More
9 years 8 months ago #17403 by Pig Gap
Replied by Pig Gap on topic 2014 NTS in Cleveland, Ohio
You had a good time and I wish I was there.

Be sure to share any information you have on those lesser known vendors. Some of us are starved for something different.

More
9 years 8 months ago #17406 by Guba
I'm not so sure they are lessor known vendors as much as I have never heard of them.

TrainCat makes some nice brass models that I have never seen before.

Creative Laser Design is another I have never heard of. They have a number of wood kits at a good price.

Wild West Scale Model Builders also has 2 laser wood kits. I walked right by them once without seeing the Z items. Soccrdad steered me back to them. The kits are really nice! You can build them in any number of combinations, so buying more than one kit of the same type will give you a different type of business/building. The only down side is the price! I'm sure it reflects that the kits are over packaged in corrugated cardboard boxes. Even the boxes supplies by the post office aren't as stout. They do come with an excellent book for construction, another bonus. Despite the high price, the kits look to be very nicely made. I'll buy more when they become available.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds