Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 18, 2024

What happend to my Brass C44

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #17869 by shamoo737
What happend to my Brass C44 was created by shamoo737
I want my C44 back!

Most of us run into problems with our AZL locomotive are when they need service or upgrade that’s beyond our abilities. I wanted to add ditch lights to my custom painted brass C44-9. I saw Don Fedjur doing all kind of neat stuff with dcc, and I wanted him to do it. He is a member of Zocal, and an AZL repair facility, I felt that he can be trusted.

Well, it’s being four years since I send him my locomotive to him. There’s no rhyme or reason for him to take so long, and I am not the only one. I know of six other z scaler modelers that have the same problem. I have asked him many times to return my locomotive, and each time he gives me a new excuse, or does not respond at all.

Maybe it’s too late for my C44, but we can’t let it happen to others. We need to let AZL know that Don Fedjur cannot be trusted and should not be an authorized repair center. I have talked to AZL, and they feel it’s not their problem. Let’s stop Don from acquiring a nice fleet of brass engines at our expense.
Attached are some of my correspondence with Don and my C44 locomotive. Also attached are the Zocal Yahoo Group messages from September and October 2014 with others wanting their locomotives back too. At one time I thought I was going to get my train back, but now I am being ignored.

John Mui

[Emails]

To: donf
Sent: Thu, Oct 25, 2012 8:35 am
Subject: C44
Don, any updates of the C44.

John

Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:38 AM
To: jmui
Subject: Re: C44

John,

She is just about ready...........I have wired and tested, just need to balance the worm with the trucks. I have been traveling all summer. Finally winding down to get more time for trains. Have lots of work on the bench to complete.

Don F
#### ****** ***
Carlsbad, CA 92009

home; 760-###-####
office; 760-###-####
fax; 760-###-####
mobile; 760-###-####
e-mail; d

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 9:24 AM
To: d
Subject: Re: C44

Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 11:49 AM
To: Don
Subject: C44

Hi Don, its been over a year that you have my loco. If you cant find the time to finish it, can you send it back. I know you are busy man and may take more time then you have.

Thanks

John

Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎September‎ ‎9‎, ‎2014 ‎3‎:‎07‎ ‎AM
To: John Mui

Yeah, embarrassing to say the least. I've had it apart, put my new wheel wipers on it. I'll be home again on Friday night. Get to boxing it and send back on Sat.

Don F

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 8, 2014, at 7:30 AM, John Mui wrote:
>
> Don, three years is too long for a decoder installation. Could you please send it back.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> John M

[Yahoo Zocal Group Messages]

Original Message
To: Don F
Sent: Sun, Sep 14, 2014 10:46 pm
Subject: Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
Don,

I will appreciate a answer on my email

Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:
Date: September 13, 2014 at 1:03:59 PM PDT
Subject: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****

Sent from my iPad
On Sep 14, 2014, at 11:37 PM, Don F wrote:
No Sh!t........I don't sit on my computer or I-Pad on the weekends, so relax. I'll reassemble and box this week.

I am traveling on business this week and have people flying in. So......next rondezvous will be right after next weekend. I have to go to Riverside and Ontario on business.

Don
Date: September 28, 2014 at 5:32:06 PM PDT
Subject: Re: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
Aloes, week pAst no Don....... Busy man....
When do you plan to stop at corona with all my engines :-)

Thanks
#9968 Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
• ***** ******** Sep 30, 2014
Don,
Any chance you could pass this week by Corona with the locos?
Sent from my iPad
#9969 Re: Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
• ************ Oct 1, 2014
Don, I want my brass engine back too.
#9970 Re: Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
• ************ Oct 1, 2014
I need send back my CSX C44.
John
#9971 Re: Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
• ****** ******** Oct 1, 2014
Hey Don,

What about my F7's it's been 3 years.

#9972 Re: [ZoCal] Re: Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
• ***** ****** Oct 1, 2014
You guys gotta be kidding......really?
#9973 Re: [ZoCal] Re: Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
• ****** ******** Oct 1, 2014
This is not a joke !!!!!
#9975 Re: Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
• ******** Oct 4, 2014
I wonder if bugging Don publicly moves you up or down in the queue?

#9976 Re: Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
• ************* Oct 4, 2014
Does it matter? I figure its a lost cause. He promised to return my prized C44 that **** *** painted for me many times already, and fail to do so. I think 3 years to install a decoder its a bit much
#9977 Re: Fwd: Don, when could I get back all my brass engines? Thanks. *****
• ************ Oct 5, 2014
Sad to say but I know of more guys that are having the same problem (some with more than one brass loco) but have not said anything publicly. For them it has also been years, that's quite a stock pile of brass locos. Don, you should just send them all back as is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #17870 by Bill_O
Replied by Bill_O on topic What happend to my Brass C44
John - sorry to see you still don't have your engines back. Would seem there should be someone from the ZoCal group that knows or needs to know what is going on and would see that this untrustworthy person return all z scale equipment to their rightful owners as this gives their ZoCal club name a bad image. Who is President of Club? How about filing a report with the police department in his town. Would think this would be considered theft. As for AZL come on guys get with the program and help do something about this situation, after all you consider him one of your repair facilities. :(

BILL
The following user(s) said Thank You: shamoo737, southernnscale

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #17872 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic What happend to my Brass C44
If you sent your engine by USPS then you can contact your postal inspector also regarding this matter.

regards Garth

cheerz Garth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill_O

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds