Saturday, May 18, 2024

Welcome new member!!!!!

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 3 months ago #1919 by Alaska Railroader
Welcome new member!!!!! was created by Alaska Railroader
I invited Mr. John Bethell from England to join Z Central Station and was delighted to see just now that he is listed on the new members list. Welcome John, you will find not only a lot of good solid Z information here but you will find friends with the same crazy Z mindset as we have! John has an impressive small layout, just perfect for his flat, and you will also find him a good friend to have. He has been a great encouragement to me whether it be Z or not.

Please give John our warm ZCM welcome!

Karin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1922 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
Welcome John, We have many members from the UK, you should fit right in. Any friend of Karin's is a friend of ours. Please feel free to jump in anytime with a comment or a thought. Post some photos, even tell us about yourself. :) Cheers, Jim CCRR

More
15 years 3 months ago #1925 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
Jim,
John is one of the truly good guys. Karin and I have been communicating with John for some months now. I think he is sending half of England's annual budget over her for his Z needs. Can't be all bad huh?:P

Glad you joined John, this site will give you lots to think about, a few frowns from time to time, but mostly good friendships and sharing info.

Feel free to make waves like the rest of us do..........who me?;)

Loren

More
15 years 3 months ago #1929 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
Welcome John from the Antipodes - there's a couple of us here. Please tell us about your layout, the one that Karin mentioned in her rave :)

More
15 years 3 months ago #1930 by Dampflok
Replied by Dampflok on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
Hi John, and welcome to the forum. Nice to see someone else this side of the pond. Please tell us something about your trains and layout.

Best wishes from Skye,
Chris.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1943 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
Welcome John, I think you will find the folks here very friendly and informative.

Hope to see pictures of your modeling soon.

Thanks,

J C B)

More
15 years 3 months ago #1967 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
John,

Let me offer my "welcome" from the Left Coast of the USA. I'm located in the Southern part where it is warm, not like Karin and Loren where it rains.

Robert

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 3 months ago #1968 by Alaska Railroader
Replied by Alaska Railroader on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
Tsk, tsk, tsk Robert! We are in SOUTHERN Oregon in the Rogue Valley, NOT the Willamette Valley!! I remember reading that we didn't even get 3 inches of rain last summer and we are below normal this winter. Snow? Oh, that's the stuff I left in Alaska! Seriously, we don't get too much rain here.
Karin

More
15 years 3 months ago #1969 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
loadmaster wrote:

John,

Let me offer my "welcome" from the Left Coast of the USA. I'm located in the Southern part where it is warm, not like Karin and Loren where it rains.

Robert

Robert,
I'll get in trouble with folks back East, but here in Oregon, Washington, and California we refer to ourselves as folks who live on the Best coast, not the left coast.

Just setting you straight for history's sake:laugh:

Loren

More
15 years 3 months ago #1974 by bethelljohn
Replied by bethelljohn on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
Thank you all for the warm words of welcome.

As you can see from my profile photo, I'm not very new, but I am not a small as it may appear - I am running an N gauge layout in the picture! I live in a small 1 bedroom flat (apartment) so I tend to build small layouts. My N gauge layout is 105cm x 33cm and lives on a window sill. Until last year Imy Z layout was a Noch briefcase that someoe bought me after I built an N layout in an old briefcase. I have been collecting Z gauge rolling stock, locos and track for several years, but had done nothing with it except test the locos on the Noch layout and take stuff out to admire it, and then pack it away again. The Noch brief case layout accompanied the other two to various exhibitions in the UK, but I was always talking about doing something 'one day...' ;-D

Last year whilst recovering from a fairly serious operation, I was reading a copy of Ztrack, and it suddenly occured to me So I built a baseboard 91cm x 56cm with a layout consisting of two separate ovals of track with passing loops and a couple of small sidings (spurs) all on one level, passing under a small tunnel in one corner. Todate for various reasons,mainly medical, I haven't got much further, but I am hoping to get stuck in again shortly. Naturally, I have far too much stock, and it is in both USA and German outline. As I wish to run both on the same layout, what else can it be but situated in a small area of land where America borders Germany - I didn't pass Geography at school, and I could never work out why.... I hope to have a small bit of downtown America with a border post leading to a German village, with a station on each side of the border. I alreay have a Tiger Tank a CZ 38T and a couple of Shermans to keep the peace. Those big white stars on the US tanks are sheriff's badges, aren't they? The two areas will be divided by a hill. So far I have the track, the tunnel and the hill. Whn I look at what God created in 7 days, I'm really a bit of failure, but there you go folks. That's me.

Apart from that, Hi everyone.

All the best,to each of you. John.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1981 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
OH! The Left Coast? Really ... I didn't know there was anything on the other side of that snow bank. :) Welcome John, I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do here in Labrador. BTW, I am closer to you then those westward folks. Enjoy yourself, these are a great bunch of folks.

TerryH

More
15 years 3 months ago #1985 by goobnav
Replied by goobnav on topic Re:Welcome new member!!!!!
Oh c'mon Loren and Karin, the "Best" Coast, :S. Granted, there is beautiful country out there, I have been to the Willamette valley and southern Washington. But, you cannot find a more varied view of running gear on the East coast than anywhere else in the country. On that note, the upper West coast is the better area in West and is the home of one the proliferators of our hobby, Micro Trains. John, welcome to the site, please listen to everything that Loren and Karin have to say. They know their stuff. Check the Archives. Once again, welcome from across the pond.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds