Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, May 18, 2024

European Z

More
15 years 1 month ago #3433 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re:European Z
Yes, it is. I originally had Faller's train sheds on the station, but they did not hold up. After a few trip to Europe, I started changing the scene to match what I say in real life. The shed were the first to go and replaced with the much more common platforms.

This photo is about 4 years old. I am modernizing the rolling stock. Crimson red locos, red and white commuters, white passenger cars and ICE 3s now fill the tracks. I really need to update these photos!

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3434 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Re:European Z
I really like the track work, similar to what i have now, except mine is a yard. I especially like the the top entry line splits being curved. I just might change mine, the curves add so much. Thanks.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3437 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:European Z
Rob, that sounds totally awesome. I am dying to see.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3466 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re:European Z
Terry,

I really like how the curves create a more organic feeling. I added the hill which the church sits on to give some justification to the curved track. It is really fun watching the trains snake across the bridge and into the station.

Rob

More
15 years 1 month ago #3467 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Re:European Z
Rob, if you don't mind, I would like to add a curved lead-in to my yard. I also like the snake effect. My mountain side tracks are already snaked to follow a river.

More
15 years 1 month ago #4004 by kmalkowski
Replied by kmalkowski on topic Re:European Z
Hi Andy,
While I moved up to N - scale (much bigger selection of European Steamers), we do have two Z scale layouts here at the Penn State Model Railroad Club. One of them is a European based model. You are welcome to work on them. Need to install signaling, do block control, etc. You can also come and just build modules if you'd like.

cheers

Konrad

More
15 years 1 month ago #4005 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Re:European Z
Good Morning Konrad,

It's great to see a model RR club at Penn State. Do you have open hours for visitors?
I could bring some Arnold Rapido N scale trains to run. Yes, I am into Z scale but also have some HOac items that I run on a club layout here in So Cal. I will be visiting family in that area in August or September.

Robert
"On the Left Coast"
In the Land of Tweezer Trains

"GO NITTANY LIONS"

More
15 years 1 month ago #4014 by kmalkowski
Replied by kmalkowski on topic Re:European Z
Shoot me an email closer to your visit, and I'll try to arrange for a visit. In general the club is open during regular semesters, i.e., end of august through early may. In the summer most student members are not here so the club hybernates. However, in the past we had visitors in the summer. If you are interested in finding out more go to www.clubs.psu.edu/up/mrrc

I will be posting some new pictures on that website over this weekend. We had a photoshot with our HO stuff... and I got some nice pictures of a MTH-HO PRR K-4 with steam on :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #4015 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:European Z
While I haven't participated with the club for a while, I strongly recommend a visit if you can make one....they have great stuff!

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds