Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 18, 2024

Looking for help with Märklin turntable.

More
8 years 11 months ago #17847 by Dampflok
Hi Everyone.,
It's been a long time since I last posted here. This is partly because I lost everything on my laptop after the registry and other files got corrupted and Windows had to be reinstalled from scratch. Fortunately, I did not lose any of my data files but I did lose all my browser's bookmarks. After that I dropped out from all the forums and, latterly, ended up running our local orchestra (I play 1st horn) which was more than a full time job!

Bahnhof Breitenfurt Ost continued to develop slowly and continued to attend exhibitions and is pretty well finished now. The biggest change since I was last here was to redesign the hidden sidings to get rid of the conflicting routes, with the result that I can run one more train than before. Also, I twice attended ZEDEX, the Oxford Model Railway Club's Z gauge (not scale) only exhibition. From this, I had an article in the Continental Modeller though no more interest from exhibition managers.

Anyway, to get to why I am writing right now. I was pressed by several modellers to add ballast to the layout, something I was putting off as I felt that I would just make a mess of it as I now have vision only in one eye. Well, I followed that advice and I did make a mess of it. Among other problems, some of the very fine grit that I used got into the mechanism of the turntable and, as a result, it stopped working. In theory it did not matter but in practise it was bad as children always wanted to see the turntable going round. The other day, I was lucky enough to obtain a second hand working turntable but then found that the locomotive controller had been removed and only the resistance mat was left. Not an immediate problem as I can use my old one for now, but I will need a fully operating controller if I can get the original turntable to work again. There are two options. One is to purchase a new controller from someone who has one to spare or, two, to get the defective one repaired. Please, can anyone advise me as to whether either of these options is feasible? I'm not in a hurry but the vendor has offered a partial refund and it would be good to get that sorted.

That's all for now, but I will be back with some further updates soon.

With best wishes to you all,
Chris.

PS. This message is also being sent to two other forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #17854 by z.scale.hobo
Replied by z.scale.hobo on topic Looking for help with Märklin turntable.
I have been hesitant to reply to this as I really do not see exactly what you are asking for. Can you snap a picture of the part you are looking for? Are you trying to fix the first or the second one? What is a resistance mat? What are the part numbers of the turntables, are they 8998 or 89981?

What other two forums are you posting ... I have seen no other posts in the four other forums where I look.

Frank Daniels
Owner - z.scale.hobo
Irvine, California USA
www.zscalehobo.com

More
8 years 11 months ago #17857 by Dampflok
Replied by Dampflok on topic Looking for help with Märklin turntable.
Hi Z scale hobo.
Sorry not to have responded earlier. It's 1.30 am here so I will get back to you with a photo or two some time later today.
Best wishes,
Chris.

More
8 years 11 months ago #17864 by Dampflok
Replied by Dampflok on topic Looking for help with Märklin turntable.
Sorry. Failed again. Just too busy and now I am away for a few days.
Basically the control on the right hand side of the controller, the one that supplies power to the rails on the turntable, has been completely removed by a previous owner.As I bought it through it from a dealer, through eBay, I have no way of finding out why it was modified. The only bit still there is the resistor mat.
Once again, sorry for the delay.
Best wishes,
Chris.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds