Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Sankei Paper Models...Anyone?

More
8 years 10 months ago #17889 by DAZed
Sankei Paper Models...Anyone? was created by DAZed
Anyone put any of these together? I'm looking at this bridge. r.ebay.com/By3QtH B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #17890 by z.scale.hobo
Replied by z.scale.hobo on topic Sankei Paper Models...Anyone?
I saw a post on the Stummis Modellbahnforum where someone put together a Sankei kit:
www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=125509&sid=6cf8024e0822b4f3561fb5e15980049e

The price is really good, as the Marklin 8975 220mm arched bridge is around $22 - $28 on feebay.

More
8 years 10 months ago #17891 by garthah
Replied by garthah on topic Sankei Paper Models...Anyone?
I have put more than 6 of these kits to-gether, they are similar to laser cut wood as they are on heavy card stock and go together with white glue, but you need some metal weights to and magnets to hold things in place while the glue set up. So I have a machined block of steel, I use to get my corners square and I use ceramic type magnets as they resist the glue when holding parts together. Once the glue has set they are very sturdy and can be painted with non water based paints, might be able to use water based paints if you use a clear spray spray on surfaces to seal them before painting.

cheerz Garth
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

More
8 years 9 months ago #17892 by DAZed
Replied by DAZed on topic Sankei Paper Models...Anyone?
Thanks for the replies. I just ordered the bridge and it's on the way from Japan. So once I get it I'll try to post pics and feedback. It may be a bit before I get around to building it, as July is an extremely busy month. But I hope to have the layout going strong by August or September and I'll probably have it done by then.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds