Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #16282 by soccrdad30
Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest was created by soccrdad30
Welcome to the Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest!

Karin and Loren are adding a new room to their house. This room will be dedicated to their trains and modules.

The idea is to guess the closest to when the contractor will say, I'm done with my part officially" and walk off the job after completion of the project.

I would suggest to you, to look closely at the posted picture(s) and think carefully as to how long they think the project will take.

The structure will be about 28 x 22, with a sloped roof, a North facing window and two French doors on the same side. The West side will have a 5x2 window for light into the new SBM addition.

Entries can begin as soon as the contest is posted. Contest entries are not accepted after Midnight PST on Sunday October 13th, 2013.

1 One entry PER person. Each entrant should guess the day AND hour the job is completed.

2 Guesses can be made up till next Sunday night which gives them one week to make their guess.

I do not know when the project will be completed, but after the entry date has passed I can give updates and additional pictures on the site. Those who guessed too early will of course realize they didn't guess close enough, but someone will be the closest no matter how soon or late the project takes to complete.

When the project is done, I'll notify ZCS and John will then send me the entry list of names and times. Once I have the list I will match the winner with the entry and make the winner announcement on ZCS.

The only thing I have yet to compile is the prize package along with a picture. I'll do that before I send you the current progress picture and you can post the prize picture along with the contest announcement.

You guys (Stony & John) can guess too. The only ones who can't enter is husband and wife team of Loren and Karin :o)

Email your Choo Choo Room Contest entry to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (John Kellett) along with the Day and time you think the Snyder's train room will be completed. Entries are closed after Midnight PST on Sunday October 13th, 2013.

Any questions? Good Luck!

Train Room Foundation:

Latest photo to use. This photo was submitted Sunday October 6th, 2013.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, southernnscale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #16288 by Alaska Railroader
Replied by Alaska Railroader on topic Re: Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest
So its the Train Room Foundation....has a ring to it. Anyone want to make a non tax deductible donation to the Train Room Foundation??? :D

More
10 years 6 months ago #16289 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest
I would Karin, but I don't think I would gain any benefit..from my right pocket to my left. Somehow that doesn't add up :o)

More
10 years 6 months ago #16292 by soccrdad30
Replied by soccrdad30 on topic Re: Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest
'Train Room Foundation' Hmmm it does have a ring to it. I bet there has been worse foundation names. :))

John

More
10 years 6 months ago #16296 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re: Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest
Get a rope-- :woohoo: We are going to have a neck tie party for John.. :evil:

More
10 years 6 months ago #16301 by tealplanes
Don't use a new rope......John will just realize the resale value of it and sell it to finance more CSX. Somehow we have to break him of his bad habit of hogging all the CSX he can.

More
10 years 6 months ago #16313 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic Re: Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest
Yea Like Tealplanes Said! So I can get a few of the CSX! I think I have some old rope in the garage!

More
10 years 6 months ago #16318 by tealplanes
Why bother with any kind of rope.....anyone got an old belt, fan belt, bailing wire, left over yarn from the wife's knitting? Point is to descend upon John so fast he doesn't have time to charter a jet out of town.

John, we're coming for you........and your collection :o)

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #16331 by soccrdad30
Replied by soccrdad30 on topic Re: Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest
And here is the wonderful prize package for The Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest.

The prize package includes.

4 Dozen Z Train Things trees
1 Pkg of the Chinese evergreen trees
1 Pkg WS underbrush
1 Pkg WS foliage
1 ZTT set of single random stone portals
1 ZTT set of double track brick portals
1 SBM Loco Caddy
1 Knife kit

Current guess list along with when I logged their contest entry & comment(s):
EntrantTime of EntryNotes
John Kellett10/13/13 9:28PM
Mark Freeling10/13/13 5:57PM
Jerry Craig10/13/13 3:31PM
Mike Scully10/12/13 10:51PMChosen for entirely sentimental, totally irrational reasons
Pastor10/12/13 3:51PM
Steve VanTil10/11/13 2:17AM
James MacBurney10/09/13 9:19PM
Bill Oates10/09/13 11:14AM
Stony Smith10/08/1312th of Never
Walter Smith10/08/13 7:56PM
Don Fedjur10/07/13 11:47AM
Martin Soll10/07/13 10:37AM
Ben Wagner10/07/13 6:56AMI'd go for 13th Month, 13th day, 13 year...but that doesn't exist. =)
Fred Ladd10/07/13
Ferroequinologist10/06/13
Don Avila10/06/13 7:24AMOTOH, I've retained Legal Counsel to defined the word "Finished"
John Mui10/06/13
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, southernnscale

More
10 years 6 months ago #16353 by southernnscale
Replied by southernnscale on topic Re: Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest
Progress Must be slow!

More
10 years 6 months ago #16354 by tealplanes
Progress of actual work is not slow, but the weather does interrupt the schedule.

For those considering making a guess, you have until Sunday evening to send in your guess.

OBTW, I will include an 'unannounced' special gift included in the prize.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

More
10 years 6 months ago #16364 by tealplanes
Ok, the deadline for entries has passed. I will begin to show progress photos Monday night. As the building progresses, any who guessed too soon will see their entry time go by and will have to sit on the side line and watch someone else take the prize.

Good luck to all.

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #16365 by Alaska Railroader
Loren will show you photos from today's progress on. I'll show you some from last week. It was killing me not being able to answer questions like 'are the walls up yet?'

This area is actually 2 rooms. I get about this much >-< and Loren gets about this much >----<, so when he complains about "all that space Karin's using up" you'll know the truth :P

you will see 3 openings along the back wall. The train room, on the left, will have a 6x4 picture window and then a 6' French door. The dividing wall is just to the right of that door. Then the next opening is Stonebridge's room and that is my 5' French door. I'll have a smaller window high on the side wall.

We're having skylights put in and using Daylight LED flood lighting with photographic friendly white walls so the light in there should be awesome for day or night. Hope the neighbors don't think we be growing pot or anything :lol:

Our kitchen window will be transformed to a bigger one with a large sill. This is our pizza passing window which we hope will lure unsuspecting train lovers from all corners of the globe!

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #16366 by Alaska Railroader

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #16369 by Alaska Railroader

More
10 years 6 months ago #16370 by rvn2001
Replied by rvn2001 on topic Re: Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest
I'm guessing that Loren's train room is the one on the corner ;0)

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #16372 by Alaska Railroader
nope, that be my tiny corner in the world. His modules take up a lot of space and could easily gobble up SBM's area. In fact he would often stand out there thinking 'if only I had the WHOLE room!' :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #16373 by tealplanes
Yes, that is exactly what I was and have been thinking. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid. To ask for the entire space would result in a substantial penalty for early withdrawal....the penalty being Karin removing some of my gray matter for even suggesting such a foolish idea. She just doesn't get it that a guy needs all the space he can get for possible? expansion.

More
10 years 6 months ago #16374 by Bill_O
Replied by Bill_O on topic Re: Snyder's Choo Choo Room Contest
I'm guessing that the reason for not going to end of house on right side is a utility closet is in the way and needs to be accessible by utility company. Another 4' x 20' :evil: :woohoo: :lol:
Looks GREAT. Can hardly wait to get back to RV Resort in Florida - got a 10' x 12' storage shed to start a new layout in. 28" x 48" kitchen table in RV is a bit small but as it's said "better than nuthin"

BILL

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #16376 by Alaska Railroader
Hi Bill, that wall is actually where the lasers are and that part sticking out from the wall is the vacuum pump house. We are moving the house's heating and cooling system along the new wall (2 heat pumps actually) and Loren will build a nice storage area along that side.

Then the porch on the door side will be a dyed and patterned concrete area. Eventually we'll have trains running around the back yard and along the porch (outdoor compliant O Scale).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill_O

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds