Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 18, 2024

Z scale decals

• Heavy-Equipment-Designer
More
11 years 11 months ago #13761 by Heavy-Equipment-Designer
Z scale decals was created by Heavy-Equipment-Designer
Hi Everybody,

Its been a while since I have used decals (about 20 years). Have they gotten any better? is there still a big film outline around the decal? For the last 20 years I have been using dry transfers on much bigger models. But I have yet to find anyone that does custom dry transfers in Z scale. I have all of my artwork done in vector line art at the desired scale. Has anyone ever herd of custom dry transfers for z scale? Can anyone recommend custom decal services that specializes in creating custom z scale decals?

Thanks,

-Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #13764 by davidf
Replied by davidf on topic Re: Z scale decals
Micro scale are excellent decals without the heavy outline. Very thin too. You need to look through their on line catalogue or better find a hobby shop with a sample catalogue so you can see them in actual size. Many other scales have large and small lettering and logos that fit Z. It takes some research.

Their are people with special (no longer made) printers that have made decals. I don't know of any currently doing special runs. There are good inkjet printers that can make some good decals by printing on decal film paper, but you have do the art work.

It would be helpful to know what is you are wanting. Maybe some of us can help with something in our inventories.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heavy-Equipment-Designer

• Heavy-Equipment-Designer
More
11 years 11 months ago #13765 by Heavy-Equipment-Designer
Replied by Heavy-Equipment-Designer on topic Re: Z scale decals
Thanks for all the info David. I have all the artwork done and ready to go. Its a UP scheme for a 250 ton Industrial Brownhoist crane. I still have to do a Conrail version. The artwork is done, I just need to scale it down. So I'm looking for custom graphics from someone who specializes in Z scale. I'd really love to get dry transfers but I think that's all but impossible to get.

Attachments:

More
11 years 11 months ago #13766 by David K. Smith
Replied by David K. Smith on topic Re: Z scale decals
If a service can make custom dry transfers, scale is irrelevant, as long as the resolution is fine enough for the smallest features.

This may be of interest:

www.pulsarprofx.com/decalpro/
www.allout-graphics.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heavy-Equipment-Designer

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds