Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, April 29, 2024

A NEW MEMBER FROM ITALY SEARCHING INFOS...

More
14 years 11 months ago #4814 by MARCO CAMATARRI
A NEW MEMBER FROM ITALY SEARCHING INFOS... was created by MARCO CAMATARRI
Hallo to everybody!
I'm Marco, 33 years old from Milan, Italy.
I work in a graphic studio.
ThaNk you very much for accepted me iN your group.
I'm not a long time modeller , a couple of years ago i've buy my first train in n scale but i make a lot of work!
Obviously, i like to have Italians trains and layout...but nothing of this will be produced industrially, so i have start to make it all, buildisgs in hard-paper, after i knew the plasticard and i've make it more buildings and rolling stock, and now i'm making trains in brass, with metal grave, this is definitly my way!
I'man ASN member ( an italian n scale - association) and my partners are fine modellers...everybody makes modular layout , kitbashings and brass kits.

....telling this...i'm a sort of "enemy"!!!! But don't worry! I WANT TO BE ALSO A Z-MODELLER!
I like to know more about z, pratically i've seen z trains just in Stuttgard Model Convention this year...but was my first stuttgard's and i've spend 4 days speaking with dutch and germans about their n-tricks...
Do you have a database with industrial model and relatives measures?
I ask because my group do this for n scale and is very helpfull for people who want to build a new model...
I've seen a model of japanese subway...i'm a subway lovers! i'm doing milan subway in n scale ( with a proper layout with an underground station and a open air station.
Making the same in z scale will be shocking!

Like first approach to z scale , i will do a sheet in metal grave with bicicles....i've do it for n scale and was very appreciated from my friends...what do you think about it? someone do bikes? do you think is appropiate a 0,15 mm metal sheet?

See you soon.
Marco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #4815 by Fred
Hello Marco,
Thanks for joining the group. Please keep us posted on your progress in Z. It's a lot of fun to dream and then make it happen. I like the idea of the subway coming to ground level. I think I'll try that in my "City" and even make it elevated. An engine and a dummy car can take steeper grades. I'm sure others will pipe up as to your other questions. Be sure to check the archives- this is an area full of information that is often overlooked.
Fred

More
14 years 11 months ago #4816 by TerryH
Welcome Marco. I think many folks here would love bicycles ans anything else for that matter. As far as 0.15mm sheet, let me see, that would be 1.299 actual real life inches. This would seem appropriate for many bikes. I hope that helps.

TerryH

More
14 years 11 months ago #4817 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:A NEW MEMBER FROM ITALY SEARCHING INFOS...
Hi Marco,

Welcome to the Z board :) I am modeling a Z scale German layout and would definitely appreciate old style European bicycles from before WWII if you are making them.

You are invited to enter the Z PBL Challenge which ends June 30, 2009. This might be a good way to begin working in Z scale :)

More
14 years 11 months ago #4818 by ULie
Hello Marco,

welcome aboard....

Like first approach to z scale , i will do a sheet in metal grave with bicicles....i've do it for n scale and was very appreciated from my friends...what do you think about it? someone do bikes? do you think is appropiate a 0,15 mm metal sheet

one of the most complete link lists for Z-scale you will find at Jens Wimmels website . His website is only in German, but a great place to visit.

For bicycles 0.15mm is a good size of the sheet. There is a source in Poland for those who uses this size too.

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
14 years 11 months ago #4834 by craZ13
Welcome Marco,

Glad you joined ZCS.

There is a wealth of information here, especially in the archives. Good luck on your projects.

Looking forward to progress photos.
Jerry,
B)

More
14 years 11 months ago #4835 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:A NEW MEMBER FROM ITALY SEARCHING INFOS...
Welcome Marco. Are you aiming to make models of Italian trains in Z scale? There have been some wonderful trains built in your country.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4837 by ztrack
Marco,

Welcome! Yes, Rolf Laedchen offers a couple of styles of bicycles for Z. His newest offering is bakery bikes:

He also has tendem bicycles which come with an ice cream cart:

He also offers regular bicycles:

You can find these and other products from Rolf at:

www.ztrackcenter.com/rolf/

I would also take a look at the brass kits from 1zu220 and the model kits from Luetke. They are all outstanding and bring many options to you layout. You can find these products at:

www.ztrackcenter.com/

Rob

More
14 years 11 months ago #4838 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:A NEW MEMBER FROM ITALY SEARCHING INFOS...
Marco, I wonder which one of us will be the first to make a Z Pendolino?

More
14 years 11 months ago #4841 by MARCO CAMATARRI
Replied by MARCO CAMATARRI on topic Re:A NEW MEMBER FROM ITALY SEARCHING INFOS...
Hallo and thank you to everybody!
i've check your infos...wow!
also with z trains there are very cool modellers!

next week i suppose to have my first bikes in z scale, i've reduced and correct my n scale bikes for make it with 0,15 mm alpacca sheet.

i've search for a sort of database with measures of locos , but i've not found...can anyone help me?

See you!

Marco
Milan , Italy

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds