Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Parking Meters

More
12 years 6 months ago #11792 by Kelley
Parking Meters was created by Kelley
Parking meters. How are you going to get revenue in your little Z towns? Just the thing to plant around the county courthouse of your smaller Z town or along the streets of the urban Z scenes.
I think they could be made with R.P. Even design them with a hole on the bottom to mount them on a pipe. There are lots and lots of pictures online of different models and I suppose you could make old ones and newer versions
I am sorry that I do not live in a country with US type of parking meters and cannot get the dimensions of either the meters or the poles. One might even be able to make the fancy double headed meters.
I could see them made in a clear material and you would paint everything but the little window. If you can find a way to make the thing say expired in Z then you are the champ.
I guess you could even make some with the out of order bag over its head. And don’t forget the meter maids’ little scooter thingy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #11801 by N/A
Replied by N/A on topic Re: Parking Meters
:huh: Kelley though would be really small. When I get to that part of my layout I'll probably use the N scale version parking meters.

John

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #11803 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re: Parking Meters
I have put parking meters around some of my buildings.. I use a small diameter copper or alumium wire, flatten one end with a hammer to make it broader and then file the broadened end to shape. Then cut to lenght keeping in mind how deep you set it into the sidewalk- etc. The wire is much more sturdy than plastic and won't break off, just bends and easily straightened. It does NOT have a box like structure on top- but from the front it looks OK. You can also put a glob of glue or paint to make the top look like a meter.. Plus it is cost effective. We are talking Z here- and if someone has calippers- direct him/her to the bigger scales.
Fred

Attachments:

More
12 years 6 months ago #11804 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Parking Meters
Fred,
I think the meter in front of the blue sedan needs another nickel....

I'd like you to tell us a bit about how you got interested in modeling and when. Must have been since you were very young, as you are a very prolific modeler.

Good thing you aren't that way with kids..........or do you have one in each port? :o)

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #11810 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re: Parking Meters
:blush: :blush: :blush: Thank you Loren for the kinds words--I think---Wondering if prolific could have a negative conotation ;) Maybe a double Rotundra.
I started at a very early age and now I'm at a very old age-- somewhere North of 39---and during those years I did a lot of modeling. And that is "the Rest Of The Story".
Thanks for asking, :laugh:
Fredd

More
12 years 6 months ago #11820 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: Parking Meters
Looks like that sardine can is double parked. Anyone bother to knock on the lid and tell the guys inside the war is over?
All I can speak is the language on the other side of the Axis.
Who could we get to translate "your time has expired and you are going to get towed to the impound lot)?

More
12 years 6 months ago #11837 by N/A
Replied by N/A on topic Re: Parking Meters
Fred,

Wire flattened at the end is a great idea! Can you please post some ground level close photos of your parking meters?

John

More
11 years 9 months ago #13900 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: Parking Meters
So is there going to be some store bought parking meters in Z scale? At the time I came up with the idea, it was kind of poo-pooed.

More
11 years 9 months ago #13901 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re: Parking Meters

tealplanes wrote: Fred,
I think the meter in front of the blue sedan needs another nickel...

What is this word you use... "nickel"? :dry:

More
11 years 9 months ago #13902 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Parking Meters
Alex,

Rumor has it that one day long ago, a person could rub two of them together to signify that he was not a vagrant.

More
11 years 9 months ago #13903 by rvn2001
Replied by rvn2001 on topic Re: Parking Meters
.....then I better start carrying 2 nickles....

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds