Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Train Museum

More
11 years 2 months ago #15224 by Kelley
Train Museum was created by Kelley
I dont know if anyone has done this or not, I am sure it has been done in other scales. Why not do a module of a "Train Museum" Old roundhouse, depot and other stuff off the beaten path of an former line somewhere. Misc train equipment like the snowplow and other rail equipment. Place to part the old Märklin engine that had the magic smoke come out of it. Throw in some old cars and trucks and stagecoaches and airplanes and tanks and whatever and you could have a pretty cool tourist trap. Oval of T scale and you got a ride for the kids. It could be done pretty realistically without being too kitschy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15225 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Train Museum
Neat idea Kelly.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15226 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: Train Museum
Picture of you guys that gave me the idea. Somewhere out there is a little Z Loren with a switchstand.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #15227 by stonysmith
Replied by stonysmith on topic Re: Train Museum

For a full map Click Here
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelley

More
11 years 2 months ago #15228 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re: Train Museum
Good one Stony- especially in the magnification mode. I think I can see Ellen over by the gooses, and Loren and Joe D by the pie truck..... Interesting to really look at the parking lot, a lot of those cars look like Z!

More
11 years 2 months ago #15229 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: Train Museum
Wow! This could SOOOO be built with little compression. I bet one could make a nice working turntable using Shapeways, for less than it would cost for the Marklin one?? ;)
With a museum you could run your mixed fruit salad of passenger cars and steam and all kinds of stuff. Have the outriggers pulled out and the steam crane swinging the boom around, (motor underneath) maybe a speeder could be made to go back and forth, with the put-put-put sound in sync. I have a P-38 Lightning that scales out to 1/220 and I could mount that on a pole too. Somebody give me 2000 bucks and I could build this thing, or something like it.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15230 by jrb
Replied by jrb on topic Re: Train Museum
CRRM -- drop dead gorgeous from the sky!

More
11 years 2 months ago #15233 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Train Museum
Joe was taking pictures and I was hanging with Sara from MTL handing out lunch sacks. I got an extra soda and bag of chips for my efforts.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds