Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Monday, April 29, 2024

Items from UK

More
13 years 1 month ago #10566 by Kelley
Items from UK was created by Kelley
Hi everyone.
I know Z scale is kinda small in the UK but the guys doing Z are really into it.
I was wondering about Z items particularly from the UK.
I know Shire Scenes makes or did make an English telephone box (the old red one) they really are found all over, and they are several in Germany (gifts from partner cities ect)
I am looking for a Police box in Z. I know that the BBC sued the police and won in the matter, as far as who owns the right to make them now, but ..who knows.
I was once shown a nice London Taxi in Z, to go with my Fab 4 guys, but do not know where to get them.
I saw some wonderfull model railroading by the guys from UK who visited Germany, and know the clubs there make some great thing that they also sell amongst themselves. It would be nice to see some of these things on our US and European layouts as well.
Kelley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #10568 by Dampflok
Replied by Dampflok on topic Re: Items from UK
I have to admit that I am not aware of anyone making these things in the UK. There is an Austrian seller on eBay who does some UK outline items, e,g, a steam lorry, and occasionally other odd items turn up. I model German outline so, obviously, tend not to look at UK outline stuff. Sorry not to be of any help and good luck.

Best wishes,
Chris.

More
13 years 1 month ago #10574 by TailUK
Replied by TailUK on topic Re: Items from UK
There is this company

www.modelshop.co.uk/

They sell mostly to professional modelmakers and such but they do have black cabs in 1/200 and 1/250.
If I can help out with buying on your behalf let me know.

More
13 years 1 month ago #10581 by timbo
Replied by timbo on topic Re: Items from UK
Hi Kelley

Don't know if it helps but a company called Timecast Models ( www.timecastmodels.co.uk ) have a number of British Z buildings which may help, but don't know about any others - if you do please let us know!

Regards
Tim

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds