Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

"Charming" Z scale

More
11 years 6 months ago #14402 by Zcratchman_Joe
"Charming" Z scale was created by Zcratchman_Joe
Not long ago I remember reading where someone mentioned that certain items weren’t always easy to find in Z scale. I think they were looking for an automobile, but the point is that a lot of items can be found by checking into “charms” for charm bracelets. I just did a bit of a study on them, and then did a write up over on Zrailroads.com. Right now it still shows as the first post on the front page, otherwise it can be found here… zrailroads.com/blog/2012/10/07/charmed-life/. I’m not trying to drop a plug here… just something I think others might find useful.

Joe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #14409 by Zcratchman_Joe
Replied by Zcratchman_Joe on topic Re: "Charming" Z scale
If anyone is looking for a more modern farm tractor than the ones we normally see for Z scale, there are a couple left that I found on eBay. I got one in todays mail and it seems a perfect fit for Z.

Pewter Tractor Charm $6.95 & free shipping.

Just snip off the little loop on top of the cab and paint (maybe a nice John Deere green with yellow wheels).

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #14411 by Zcratchman_Joe
Replied by Zcratchman_Joe on topic Re: "Charming" Z scale
I see Monster Trucks are also available at the same seller I mentioned yesterday. These are gold-toned pewter and a little different than the one I displayed on in my article but still very close to Z scale. These look like a little Nissan pick-up with big-ass tires. Just snip the loop off the roof and maybe drag a file across it, paint, and you have a cool truck for Z... and you get TWO for one low price!

NOTE: These are hollow, so the windows are all "open" (including the windshield), but shouldn't be too difficult to fill in with some hardening putty or the like if you wanted it solid.

(Gold-Toned) Pewter Monster Trucks 2 for $6.95 & FREE shipping

(Silver-Toned) Pewter Monster Trucks 2 for $7.95 & FREE Shipping (and who knows why the silver-toned costs more than the gold-toned?)

PS Within minutes of me posting about the tractors, someone bought one (after the item sat idle for days). That left one remaining when I turned out the lights last night. This morning I see that the seller restocked with 10 more tractors so I assume someone bought another one. I'm hoping it was someone from ZCS that took advantage of them.

Right now there is only one set of the (gold-toned) monster trucks (14 sets of the silver-toned), so let's hope the seller can restock these as well. In fact I think I'll ask them right now. And no, I don't know this seller at all... just trying to pass on cool stuff I find.

Joe

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds