15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #1750 by ULie
Maerklin new items 2009 was created by ULie
Hello,

the new items from Maerklin for 2009 are officially shown here:

new items 2009

My favorite items:

the 2009 Insider item 88300 a V300 diesel engine

item 88632 a Danish MY100 diesel engine, only missing are the cars yet

and finally for nostalgic reasons the 82100 . This set shows two cars with a load of three tanks. Those tanks are used at private homes to store heating oil underground. The text on those tanks says: "Ich bin zwei Öltanks" which means "I'm two oiltanks" because those tanks have a normal tank inside a concrete shell. They were famous and new when I was young...B)

another interessting item is the 88610 which shows the BR 61 from the older Insider train in a black version.

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1751 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
Thanks Ulie,

I really appricate the link to Maerklin.de site. I see they at least have some Swiss Crockadiles but since my Deutsch is not up to par, is that listing for 2 engines of different colors. I also checked out the HO offerings and what is "Hectorrail"? Also, there are offering the SBB "Grey Mouse" in HO and I would certainly like to see that and the Gottardo in Z scale.

Robert

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #1752 by ULie
Replied by ULie on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
Hello Robert,

the 88888 Crocodil set is a anniversary set for this year. Maerklin is celebrating its 150 year anniversary and therefore created this set of two Crocodils. Back in 1933/34 the Corcodile was introduced as the most modern Swiss engine. That one was green. First in 1984 for the 125 year anniversary of Maerklin they made a Crocodil in brown in 1-scale. In the text it is also stated that even if those Crocodil engines were more know for the green color, they original color was brown. They never were white, but for some unknown reason a New York Maerklin dealer (NYCL?) onces ordered those Crocodiles in 0-scale in white. In H0 the 150 year anniversary set 31859 includes all three colors...

Well I would love to get a Crocodil sometimes, but not a white one for me... :)

Hectorrail is a Swedish company. On their website you can find more facts about the engine. Also here on Wikipedia you can find more about this engine family. Unfortunately I can't see the roadnumber on the model, so I don't know which one it is:

001 Kenobi
002 Skywalker
003 Organa
004 R2D2
005 Solo
006 Calrissian

I'm sure my son will want to know, so I will have to find out ASAP... :ohmy:

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
15 years 3 months ago #1753 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
Thanks ULie. Possibly the brown Krokodil but I'm not at all sure about a white one either! :unsure:

The item that caught my eye was the Austrian express train: one can never have too many express trains :)

I'm not sure about the V300 or the Danish MY100. It's an aesthetic thing....

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #1755 by ULie
Hello Gary,

I'm not so much into Austrian trains, but I'm really excited to see the My1100. Denmark is my favorite country for vacation (beside Switzerland) and in Odense you can find a railway museum which also shows the MY as a cut open loco (scroll down to the middle and then on the right coloum you can find it). The grey tentlike box in the background of that picture is a screen for a movie. If you are in the cab of the engine you can see the view from the cab on a ride over the island Fyn (that's where Odense is in Denmark) from the departure from the ferry in the east to the bridge over to Jutland in the west. And in your back you hear the diesel roaring...

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
15 years 3 months ago #1756 by loadmaster
Replied by loadmaster on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
I already have a Green and Brown Kroc so I guess I'll be saving some $$$. Now I'm sure that Rob K would like to have some $$$ and I'm waiting for a SZL train set that may be released in 2009. He had a model of it at the NMRA train show last July. I also like the models that Harald F offers. They are expensive, but well worth the price.

Robert

More
15 years 3 months ago #1757 by ULie

I also like the models that Harald F offers. They are expensive, but well worth the price.

I will second that. I have the F40PH in AMTRAK colours. It's just great...

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
15 years 3 months ago #1759 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
Sad to see so little new tooling, but at least one of them is the Ludmilla, with some hoppers like I've wanted, no less.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1760 by Dampflok
Replied by Dampflok on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
Well, the Baden P8 is hardly new. I have one that was produced in 2000 as part of a set (cat. no. 81420). Of course, it may have been retooled since and carry a different running number. Of course, it is the same as the KPEV P8 so nothing new really in steam outline. Still, it removed the temptation to spend. So that's it for Ep.1 and htere is no Ep.2.

Chris

More
15 years 3 months ago #1761 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
A white Crock that was a dreamed up fantasy of an American a long time ago???.. I would say no wonder Maerklin has troubles..but somebody will buy it..If I won the Lotto and had money to burn I could buy it to pull the Coca Cola and Gummie Bear wagons.. If they would only invest in another type of American steam locomotive, they might sell enough to cover the Yogurt guy's severance pay. I know I am not being nice but..

More
15 years 3 months ago #1762 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
I am most excited by the Lidmilla locomotive with the lime cars (81450). I have been waiting for this locomotive. I also really like the weathered cars. The steel mill cars are nice additions, but I would like to see more freight cars. Actually, I would like to see more Z in general. I was shocked not to see any new US items. I am hoping we may see something with the MHI releases.

Rob

More
15 years 3 months ago #1763 by Havoc
Replied by Havoc on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
No epoch IV...But the V300 is on my list.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1764 by jdo
Replied by jdo on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
What no USA pieces again, where are the heavy weight passenger cars, etc.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1765 by ULie
I just saw an interessting detail on the Maerklin website. For the 2009 insider car you can read the following:

Modell: Bausatz als Hommage an den ehemaligen Bausatz 4937. Alle Einzelteile des Wagens sind unmontiert in der Verpackung enthalten. Eine ausführliche Montageanleitung wird dem Bausatz beigelegt. Länge über Puffer 54 mm.

Translated this means that the car is delivered as a kit for assembly by the buyer. They also say that an detailed instruction comes with the kit. It is meant as a homage for an old kit item#4937 (which makes it an H0 kit I believe).

Well, we will see in time...

What I find diapointing is that the museum car 2009 in Z comes with a (relativly) big truck. The museum car 2009 in 1-scale comes with a three wheel Tempo truck.

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
15 years 3 months ago #1767 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
Hi ULie

When you say a relatively big truck were you referring to the prototype? Even so, I'd still be inclined to buy a set - it appeals to me.

I hadn't realised before (it's been too hot for too long here in Sydney) that the lok in the 81450 set is the Ludmilla. It's well outside my era, but so what? If I do get the set I'll also get an 82624 set to go with it, then I can run a whole modern era train.

It'll be interesting to see if M* announces any accessories, other than the big coaling station and the test stands.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1770 by ULie
Hello Gary,

When you say a relatively big truck were you referring to the prototype? Even so, I'd still be inclined to buy a set - it appeals to me.

The word "relatively" referred to the size of the truck in comparison to the three wheel truck that is included in the same set in 1-scale. I still can rememer those three wheel trcuks, or should I better say delivery vans from my childhood times. Those small vehicles (I won't want to say cars...) were a method to gt cheap transportation means in post war Europe. But while those three wheelers aren't produced anymore in Germany, in Italy Piaggio still makes those vans.

I hadn't realised before (it's been too hot for too long here in Sydney) that the lok in the 81450 set is the Ludmilla. It's well outside my era, but so what? If I do get the set I'll also get an 82624 set to go with it, then I can run a whole modern era train.

I see them often while watching the railline beside my workplace. And once our group of modelrailroad friends in my town sat in the pub in our local station when we suddenly looked up because of the roar outside on the tracks. When we looked out we saw a consist of five Ludmillas coupled together but without any cars. They probably were on their way to the harbor in Lübeck at the coast of the Baltic Sea.

It'll be interesting to see if M* announces any accessories, other than the big coaling station and the test stands.

In H0 M* has a kit of the Maerklin factory between their new items.

GreetingZ, HilZen,

Uwe

More
15 years 3 months ago #1785 by Rowan
Replied by Rowan on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
Thanks for the link ULie.

I like the 300.

:)

More
15 years 3 months ago #1789 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:Maerklin new items 2009
Marklin has made many other sets of various kinds of modern hoppers. I have the two Dutch ones of the same kind that are in the Ludmilla set. these two + the Ludmilla's 5 would make a nice modern train as well. I will have to spring for it. Maybe if there is a Ludmilla, a Sergei will be next? That would be awesome...

More
15 years 3 months ago #1792 by mdvholland
Replied by mdvholland on topic Ludmilla, V300-s
Indeed guys, little news from M*, mainly color varieties and recycled freightcars...

The Deutsche Bundesbahn V300 is for those who like oddballs: there was only one loco bought and in service from 1963 - 1977 (so it says in the brochure).

I´m much more excited indeed about the Series 232. This ´Ludmilla´ (a Russian girl´s name if I am not mistaken) originates from the Sowjet Union and was delivered to the former DDR in the sixties. Now comes the confusing part: it was named DDR series V300 (not the DB series mind you). There were quite a few types and varieties of this loco family.

After the fall of the Berlin Wall and the subsequent reunion of the German Railroads DR en DB, theses locos were renumbered into 1** and 2** series and adjusted to western standards and demands. The 232 series were fairly popular with new private companies, since they were not electric (which facilitates cross border traffic through Europe), affordable and strong.

They can still be seen in many places in Germany and the rest op Europe. Railion, the private railroadcompany that resulted from a merger of DB Cargo and NS Cargo, uses some 12, so the could be seen regularly in the Netherlands in the last 15 or so years (and sometimes still). The make an impressive deep sound, that makes you suspect remains of serious Sowjet machinery inside B)

Look for pix at www.br232.de/Bilder%20BR232%20H.htm

Matt

More
15 years 3 months ago #1793 by mdvholland
Replied by mdvholland on topic Re:Ludmilla

Ludmilla, with a load of containers, in Utrecht Central Station. On its way to Germany..
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds