Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, April 20, 2024

WTB TrainCat?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #18025 by ZRailFan
WTB TrainCat? was created by ZRailFan
Anyone know where I might find TrainCat bridge kits? Or any of his kits? I read on his web site that his family sustained some serious injuries and he left production for a while, but his site claims he's not out of business. Sadly, his online store actually isn't open.

If anyone has some of the kits lying about and isn't going to use them, or knows where I might find some, I'd be very grateful. Truly innovative work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #18026 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic WTB TrainCat?
Never order from his online store. You may never get the items you order. I am speaking from experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZRailFan

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #18027 by ZRailFan
Replied by ZRailFan on topic WTB TrainCat?
Ooh. Not what I was hoping to hear. But given the online store is down anyway, probably a moot point. Thanks for the head's up. Very much appreciated.

I'm new to Z. But one thing I'm definitely learning is many of the craftsman kits are created by other modelers in a sort of cottage industry. That's a cool thing, but it's also somewhat frustrating. If you see the perfect kit on an online store, it's sold out, discontinued, or generally not available. Sad. 'Course, it could just be the nature of the beast.

Just my opinion, but if you start a business to produce kits, then produce kits. If you decide later to discontinue, that's fine. Happens. Just take your stuff off the web. It's got to be irritating for interested customers to pester you for kits you're not going to provide. Off soapbox.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds