Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, May 03, 2024

boy!!! ebay is gone silent!!!

More
14 years 10 months ago #5114 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:boy!!! ebay is gone silent!!!
liltoot wrote:

i ve tried and i think failed in my attempt to bring canadians this scale i feel,,it s time to just enjoy the scale myself. canada mike

Hey Mike,

I've bought several cars from you in the past, all in US dollars even when the exchange rate was lousy. I think you'd get more Canadian buyers if the exchange rate was better or if you listed in Canadian dollars. JMHO, though.

The people I've met in Edmonton train clubs are Z impaired for sure. You've got to remember that the US has 10 times the population that Canada has and at least 10 times the interest in Z. There are no Z scale Canadian steam locos manufactured in either the US or Germany, so that keeps Canadians like me out of the picture if I want to model local roads in steam in Z. Of the roads I see depicted by Edmonton in N and HO, almost half are in steam. I don't think Canadians feel particularly welcomed into Z as they do in other scales - at least in steam. Again, JMHO.

Now that we've gone down the path to modelling German steam, I have no interest in doing anything Canadian for lack of space, time and money - except for the Z PBL Challenge :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5115 by liltoot
Replied by liltoot on topic Re:boy!!! ebay is gone silent!!!
karens 100 percent right!!! why put these beautiful ideas onto a place that only cares about getting paid to sell it,,, theres gotta be another way!!! it just takes one smart idea to get things selling again,, im just not the one guy, haha.

as for selling my stuff in canadian dollars, actually whats the difference? if i can lower the price in american dollars,, it gets more hits,, now do put it at canuk buks, which is usually 20 percent higher,, less buyers will look at the item,, its a catch 22 thing. i can put a 22 dollar car on ebay in american for 17.50,,, its still 22 dollars in canadian. im not making any more, or any less in either currency!! and i do have the CHEAPEST shipping in north america,, as i PAY for the tracking and insurance out of my pocket,actually i have a family member in the post,, which really helps in reducing my prices.,,it may be a buk,or 2, but it adds up. i cant go any lower, in canadian money, than in american,, its works out equally!!

theres a new thing in alberta called kijiji or something like that,, no paying for your ads,, and a very tiny charge just for the space,, if it sells for 2 buks, or 120,000 buks, the price is the same. there should be one like this nation wide,, maybe in time.

or even still, we z scalers get together n start THE TRAIN LINE all scales, nothing but trains!! webmasters come forth!!! haha canada mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds