Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, May 01, 2024

Small Wonder-Z - A new Canadian MTL Dealer

More
14 years 8 months ago #5736 by SmallWonderZ
Small Wonder-Z - A new Canadian MTL Dealer was created by SmallWonderZ
We are excited to announce that we are now a Canadian Micro Trains Line dealer! Opened as a result of a limited supply of Z scale items in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, Small Wonder-Z was formed. We will be attending most area train shows and of course, you can shop online (in Canadian dollars!). We will be upgrading our stock as demand dictates. If you don't see it, contact us and we will order it for you. We will also be adding other Z scale product lines in the near future. Z scale will be all we do!

Check us out:

www.smallwonder-z.com

We look forward to serving you!

Cheers

Todd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5739 by Mr.JA
Hello Todd,

How are you? :)
Welcome to Z Central Station! :laugh:

I wish you luck in your new business venture. B)
It's a tough time to be starting up a small business. :dry:

Alex

Tokyo, Japan

More
14 years 8 months ago #5743 by SmallWonderZ
Replied by SmallWonderZ on topic Re:Small Wonder-Z - A new Canadian MTL Dealer
Thanks for the welcome Alex. It is a tough time to start a business however I figure if we can make a go of it in these times, we'll be fine in the long run. I also haven't quit my day job yet. I am truly amazed at the quality of Z scale items that are coming out from all manufacturers. I got my first taste of Z scale a year ago at a train show and immediately noticed the complete lack of availability of Z scale in my area. Someone had to grab the bull by the horns and get Z scale to SW Ontario so I figured why not me?
I welcome any ideas or suggestions to make Small Wonder-Z even better.

Alex, I bet there's quite a wide selection of Z scale in Tokyo!

Todd

More
14 years 8 months ago #5744 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Small Wonder-Z - A new Canadian MTL Dealer
Todd, Welcome and good luck with your new Z business. I've heard over the years that Canada lacked an in country source. We have Z scalers all over Canada from Vancouver to Newfoundland. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 8 months ago #5747 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:Small Wonder-Z - A new Canadian MTL Dealer
Todd,

Great to see a Micro Train vendor in Canada! When we get back to working on our Z scale layout, we're going to need a truck load of flex track. Looking forward to doing business with you at that later date :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #5748 by SmallWonderZ
Great! We look forward to working with you.

Todd

More
14 years 7 months ago #5862 by liltoot
Replied by liltoot on topic Re:Small Wonder-Z - A new Canadian MTL Dealer
its nice to see another z scale store in this country,, we sure need it. i tried here in calgary to no avail, so did another, hes now only ho in marklin. its very tough to get buyers in canada, because it costs to get stuff over that border, which in turn ends up in your listings. hard to beat a micro track auto switch in oregon going for 22 dollars, to yours at 34! good luck to you, but to keep even with america, your going to have to cut all middlemen, and bring prices way down. good luck!! canada mike:S

More
14 years 7 months ago #5865 by SmallWonderZ
You have to make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
Is this the remote switch or manual? If it's the manual, my price is $27.92. Dead cost on a remote switch is U.S $23. You mean to say this vendor is making $1.00 profit? I would expect this was a manual turnout. Also, don't forget my prices are listed in Canadian funds. Once you factor shipping costs, dollar exchange etc you will find my prices are competitive. Of course we will be monitoring our competitors prices and adjust accordingly. Please PM me this vendor and I will check his prices compared to ours.

Cheers,
Todd

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #5867 by liltoot
Replied by liltoot on topic Re:Small Wonder-Z - A new Canadian MTL Dealer
sorry,,, i ment no disrespect,,i m glad theres more z coming into canada!!! its just hard to make money on mtl stuff. i sell hundreds of locos every year, but only on marklin can i make a few dollars. but there are sellers so close to mtl,, that they go right to the front desk, and walk out with truckloads, at a discounted price. we canadians dont have that luxury! once you add cost, customs crap, and get it to your place, it has to go up. but if you're selling marklin, you can make a go at it, i only sell marklin because of this fact.

please, if i offended you,, i am sorry. i m so happy to hear there another store in canada!! we have to spread the z scale word,,i ve been doing it now for 6 years!! good luck. canada mike:)

More
14 years 6 months ago #6323 by SmallWonderZ
We attended our first show today in Woodstock Ontario. My wife and I had a great time. We were the only Z scale retailer in attendance and we generated a lot of interest (and we sold some items too!) I had this small 2X3 layout on display:

Now go easy on me guys- it's nothing fancy but it does serve it's purpose as a decent display layout. I should have brought a camera to the show however a couple of folks took photos of the layout. The train ran non stop for 6 hours and didn't miss a beat. We handed out a lot of business cards and catalogues. Just about every person who stopped by our table didn't realize what was now available in Z. Many people in attendance didn't have a layout and are now seriously considering Z. Many spouses were happy to see that a nice layout could be constructed without taking up a whole room!
We'll be at the Kitchener Ontario show Nov. 1.
Todd

More
14 years 6 months ago #6324 by HoboTim
Replied by HoboTim on topic Re:Small Wonder-Z - A new Canadian MTL Dealer
Congratulations!!! Welcome Aboard the Z Express!!! The railroad that goes where no other has gone before!!!

Hobo Tim :)

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #6325 by craZ13
SmallWonderZ wrote:

Now go easy on me guys- it's nothing fancy but it does serve it's purpose as a decent display layout.

Todd your layout looks good, and from what you said seems to be effective in selling Z.
Since I don't have a permanent layout yet I can't throw any stones!:woohoo:

Jerry
B)

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds