Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, May 01, 2024

To all Canadians shopping on Ebay!

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #6706 by animek
To all Canadians shopping on Ebay! was created by animek
To all Canadians shopping on Ebay and are using Paypal, help us show to our U.S. friends that we don't have the plague and that most of us are trustworthy.

So far I have experience no less than 20 or more deals, where I would have paid more on final price on an Ebay item, but was refuses bidding because the seller had excluded Canada in their sale shipping options.:(

When this happens, I send an email through Ebay to the sellers with the following information link, it may help a little to change the fact that we are most of the time being put aside for no good reason.

I propose to whoever lost a deal because they are being refused for being in Canada to send this information link to them pages.ebay.com/education/selltocanada/index.html

I don't know, it may change the tide a little. sigh!:blush: and like they say on this training link, Canadians are Hungry for Supply! :lol:

Ben

My web site: www.animekmodels.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6707 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:To all Canadians shopping on Ebay!
Ben, This is a might disturbing. May I assume some of these retailers are in the Z community? If so shame on them. I don't know about sellers of cameras and video cassettes, or their reasons, but I can't see why someone from Canada is excluded. Possibly some seller will enlighten us. Cheers, Jim CCRR:unsure:

More
14 years 5 months ago #6708 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re:To all Canadians shopping on Ebay!
It ain't me Jim,
Karin and I deal with Ben, but that's not ebay of course.

Ben, drop me a PM to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Loren

More
14 years 5 months ago #6709 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:To all Canadians shopping on Ebay!
I can maybe allude to part of the problem... Canada Post. I'm sure Canada Mike can provide more details... as he is a regular Canadian eBay seller. From my understanding, there is a problem of items disappearing through Canada Post. :dry:

More
14 years 5 months ago #6710 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re:To all Canadians shopping on Ebay!
I forgot to mention... I suffer the same problem with sellers not willing to ship to an APO military postal box address. APOs and FPOs use a U.S. Postal Service zip code and shipping is not any more expensive using USPS... but, most folks don't want to spend the extra 1 minute filling out a Customs form. APO/FPO addresses even have delivery confirmation now.

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #6711 by animek
Replied by animek on topic Re:To all Canadians shopping on Ebay!
Not all sellers on Ebay are from the Zscale community, some will sell for others.
Please be careful, I am not blaming anyone here, I am simply saying to Canadians who had seen the same problems than me, to send a formation link when it happens.
Because when we are log in, we see less items for sale compare to just looking at ebay.com, plus the ones not accepting bids because they did not check Canada in their options.

Examples, old Marklin or Peco rails, turnouts, etc... and etc.. are from sellers not always willing to accept Canadians. So far I have in my folder 23 sellers who had refused shipping to Canada, or I had to specify first before bidding (what a pain), but I do not know them from any groups or Z forums.

Ben

My web site: www.animekmodels.com

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds