Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, May 03, 2024

Your wish-list for Christmas ?

More
15 years 4 months ago #919 by andyjbj
Replied by andyjbj on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
I'm with Lajos. I don't etch like he does, I use styrene, and sometimes my work doesn't look that great, and sometimes I have to do things over a bunch of times. But I really enjoy the process, I have really enjoyed the things I have bashed and scratchbuilt so far, and I think it's a good way to go.
So....this gives me an idea. You know what would be really, really useful? A list of which Marklin and MTL chassis can be re-used or hacked for which other locomotives when scratchbuilding and modifying. Lajos, maybe we should start one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #923 by Harry
Replied by Harry on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
I would like to see a model train room.:dry: :(

More
15 years 4 months ago #924 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
Harry, Of all these Christmas wishes yours is the first to ask for a room. I hope you get your wish. Many of us live in places where a free room in the house is scarce. Luckly we are in Z and can actually have a viable layout that can be stored under a bed or in a closet. Best wishes, Jim CCRR:)

More
15 years 4 months ago #925 by Harry
Replied by Harry on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
Thank you Jim,
indeed true, our rented apartment has no room for model train to play (we currently live with 4 persons in the household) and our basement is cold (winter) / wet (summer). :(

More
15 years 4 months ago #926 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
I wish somebody made a module woodwork. Cant cut a piece of wood straight if my life depended on it.

More
15 years 4 months ago #928 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
I have felt Harry's pain. In Europe you are lucky to have a place to turn around in. I also sympathize with Shamoo. I am working on getting the end pieces so I can start building modules. If they were strait I would have no problems. Its getting the right contours that is the problem for me.
So to make Andy and Lajos happy, I started on a scratch building project this weekend and I am almost finished with it. It should be done in next couple of days and I will post a picture.

More
15 years 4 months ago #939 by zthek
Replied by zthek on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?

So to make Andy and Lajos happy, I started on a scratch building project this weekend and I am almost finished with it.

Now, we're talking... :) :cheer: :) :cheer:

Lajos

More
15 years 4 months ago #942 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
shamoo737 wrote:

I wish somebody made a module woodwork. Cant cut a piece of wood straight if my life depended on it.

There is a company that makes wooden modular benchwork. Right now I can't think of the name, but they advertise in Model Railroader.

As for my own wishlist, right at the top of it would be an AFFORDABLE 8771 (intermediate coach for the ICE 1 set). Next would be an announcement by Marklin that they're going to make a Z scale version of the NS/SBB TEE railcar sets, three of which became the famous "Northlanders".

More
15 years 4 months ago #943 by jlundy46
Replied by jlundy46 on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
The company is Sievers. I used their benchwork for my Z layout and a module that I will be doing. Their webpage allows you to order different shapes and sizes and it simply bolts together (hardware is included). Their webpage is:

www.sieversbenchwork.com

John

More
15 years 3 months ago #1366 by Stojiny
Replied by Stojiny on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
Dear Santa,
I know that I'm late,too late for Christmas '08, but early for Christmas 2009,so here is what I want: We,Z scalers, not just me,need a variety of CABOOSES! Maybe you cud entice
someone to come out with a series of them. How about a few laser cut wood caboose kits.
Anything that you can do will be most appreciated by me and everyone.
Best to you, Santa,
Your friend Stojiny.

More
14 years 11 months ago #4734 by Espeeman
Replied by Espeeman on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
Yep, too late for 08 here but I'll jump on the 09 band wagon. Being an SP lover all I need is $$$$$$$ for some of AZL's sweet sweet brass steamers. Let's see, AC12, GS-4 Daylight, and GS-4 War Baby would be very nice indeed! I won't be greedy, only one each please!

I agree with Stojiny on the lack of caboose offerings but I will try to scratch build a bay window caboose. If it works out then I'll just scratch build them all. Looks like a fun project to try.

More
14 years 11 months ago #4735 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
John, I think you should add the AZL Challenger. I should be out by Christmas. Me, I just wish I had the money to afford a Challenger! Cheers, Jim CCRR:(

More
14 years 11 months ago #4738 by Espeeman
Replied by Espeeman on topic Re:Your wish-list for Christmas ?
Jim,

I wouldn't mind one of those either. They look very cool! I've always loved the Challengers. But Santa's gonna have to steal from the gov't to pay for it all.

John

Time to create page: 0.955 seconds