Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, April 20, 2024

Just for Fun

More
15 years 2 months ago #2214 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Just for Fun
Does that picture ever bring back old memories. Can't say what we called the lovely kitty :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2215 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Just for Fun
Dribbles--A member of the catzilla family- of the Catasaurus Wrecks
pawdifers!

More
15 years 2 months ago #2219 by Fred
OK- nobody got what was wrong with the picture. The steamer in Dribbles mouth is a CAB FORWARD. Note that the tender is mounted in FRONT of the cab.
With all the members coming on line yesterday, I figured someone would get it. Rob Kluz figured it out last time.
Doesn't anybody want to just have fun.
Fred
I give myself elleventyseven points

More
15 years 2 months ago #2220 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Just for Fun
LOL Fred, I wouldn't know what a cab forward was if it run over me hehe.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2222 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Just for Fun
Terry, Yes, you would. You would feel the weight of all the dollars it costs dragging you down. Cheers, Jim CCRR:blink:

More
15 years 2 months ago #2230 by Fred
We can do this in Z! The tree would be about 17" tall. Try the LGB!
Attachments:

More
15 years 2 months ago #2247 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Just for Fun
Fred wrote:

You mean I got to take "her" new Santa Fe back!:woohoo:

Save it for your birthday and suggest, if she hasn't already found you a present, that she could give the Santa Fe to you :) To tell the truth, Dear Husband Chris and I buy our own Christmas presents, give them to the other person to wrap, then put them under the Christmas tree. At our ages, we forget what we bought and it's still a surprise when we open the gifts :laugh:

More
15 years 2 months ago #2250 by Fred
Ok- I'll save the NEW Santa Fe for my birthday- ( I just have to remember where I hid it). Now I got to get something else nice for her on Valentines Day -- maybe a new ax!:)
I was taking the picture behind the camera- They wouldn't let me drive the train- though I've "driven" multi$$$$ ships around the world.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2256 by Beverly56
Of course they wouldn't let you sit in the engineer's seat, so that's not even you with your wife. Duh, what am I thinking :silly:

OMGosh, don't get her an ax! Especially if you think she's trying to exteriorate (is TOO a word!) you :P ;) :)

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #2261 by Fred
Oh, my gosh!:woohoo:
I think I better think it out again...:S
I was thinking we need another cord of wood for the fire..... Maybe a pretty pink rake"
unsigned

More
15 years 2 months ago #2262 by Beverly56
Back to the topic of that sweet Denver & Rio Grande Western locomotive and tender for a minute while I consider how much I'd like a pink rake for Valentine's Day...

How much could I expect to pay for that locomotive and tender MIB but will reek of cigarette smoke from the vendor? And how much for a used set that's in excellent condition?

Oh, um, pink rake for Valentine's Day, eh? Well, for me not so much. But if your Sweet Wife, unsigned, is a dedicated gardener, I say go for it :)

More
15 years 2 months ago #2268 by Socalz44
Beverly, I haven't seen the "bumble bee" loco for sale for a while now. Brand New I think you are looking at about $235. A good used one should be around $200. As for room smoke. This is plastic and metal. I think any smoke smell on the loco or tender itself would be short lived outside of that evironment. Also you could carefull wash the item as well. If it comes in a cardboard box, toss it and keep it in another container. NewParagraph. Even though Marklin marketed the "bumble bee" as Z scale it is NOT. It is actually a bit larger, something on the order of Nn3. The next scale up from Z. It will probably work for you. I just thought you should know. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
15 years 2 months ago #2273 by Beverly56
Jim,

I'm glad everyone here is so great about pointing out the details. I assumed the "bumble bee" was Z scale. Nn3 is 1:160, then it's N scale - only it's narrow gauge N scale :dry:

Okay, I love that train, but it's not for me being narrow gauge N plus I've accumluated a few Z scale cars and a locomotive already. Darn. Dear Husband won't be thrilled to hear about this development, but it'll be worth talking to him about it. Maybe we'll do a second layout in a some sort of case with the oval track that came with the 8188 Starlight Express Fun Set B) But then I'd have to do all kinds of research for narrow gauge railways. I'm not even close to having a theme for my Z scale layout yet, except that it's going to have the trio of half timbered houses made by BAZ. And maybe a castle if I can figure out how to use the scaling features of MS Visio.

As always, thank you for the heads up :)

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #2274 by Socalz44
Beverly, If you never tell, neither will I, but, you can hook up any Z scale rolling stock behind the bumble bee and no one will know the difference. My lips are sealed. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
15 years 2 months ago #2276 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Just for Fun
Hi Beverly,

I know where there is a brand new Bumble Bee and a four car passenger set to go with it.
E-mail me and I'll get you the information.

Like Jim said you really can't tell it's not true Z.

Thanks,
Jerry
B)

More
15 years 2 months ago #2280 by Fred

Just for fun!
Attachments:

More
15 years 2 months ago #2284 by Beverly56
Jerry,

I've sent you an email. If you don't get it for some reason, you can go to my website that is listed in my signature and email me from there. Thanks :)

Fred,

Oh, no! Attack of the dinosaurs! Yes, I know what's wrong with this photo. It's too easy.... Marklin products did not exist at the time of the dinosaurs. Marklin is only 150 years old this year - hopefully, anyway - and dinosaurs are much, much, MUCH older B)

More
15 years 2 months ago #2289 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Just for Fun
The real question is where are you going to get a Z scale '73 Dodge Charger Rallye to put in there????

todd

More
15 years 2 months ago #2297 by Fred
Alvaro----

More
15 years 2 months ago #2299 by Fred

The question is not where is the pussycat--- WHERE"S MY TRAINS??:S
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.693 seconds